Anyone know of software to find blurry images?

FTb-n

Canonet QL17 GIII
Sep 22, 2012
St. Paul, MN
My post processing starts with Photo Mechanic to quickly find the good stuff for Lightroom to process. But, some shoots can include several thousand images and I'm looking for a faster way to weed out the bad, out of focus images.

Does anyone know of software that can analyze Canon raw files to pre-sort the out of focus images from the potentially good images?

• Haha
Reactions: YuengLinger

privatebydesign

Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
Jan 29, 2011
If you have two similar images, that is they were shot in a sequence with the same iso, generally the larger file size will have more detail.

bhf3737

---
Sep 9, 2015
Calgary, Canada
www.flickr.com
You can write a less than 10 lines of code in Python to calculate Laplacian variance for the edges and point it to a folder that has the images in it. This video shows the trick. Of course there are other ways to do this using other image processing libraries.

Kit.

EOS 6D MK II
Apr 25, 2011
You can write a less than 10 lines of code in Python to calculate Laplacian variance for the edges and point it to a folder that has the images in it. This video shows the trick. Of course there are other ways to do this using other image processing libraries.
Is there a Python library to handle CR3 format files?

Mt Spokane Photography

I post too Much on Here!!
Mar 25, 2011
I use the compare function in Lightroom, set the first image of a group as the reference and start thru them. I replace the first image with a better one when I find one. I reject the poorer ones. It goes very fast. I do not machine gun images at 10 fps because of the time it takes to find the best out of hundreds, I've been there and don't want to go back!