Anything shot with a 5D4

Jul 29, 2012
Canada
d4mike said:
5DIV, 100-400 mkII on a tripod.

I'm still hanging onto my 6D as I love it for night sky and like two bodies for night shooting, one for time lapse and one to run around with.
The 5DIV has been to Zion, the Upper Peninsula in winter and Yellowstone in winter. So far I'm very impressed with the 5DIV.

The winds were gusting to 50 mph. My right eye was frozen shut, I had snot frozen on the left side of my face, my fingers were fast becoming useless.
This is a 50 foot tall lighthouse, makes me wonder how big the wave was.
Muskegon south light on Lake Michigan about 20 min before sunset.

Cool shot. 8) Well done, Michael.

Upvote 0

hbr

Oct 22, 2016
d4mike said:
5DIV, 100-400 mkII on a tripod.

I'm still hanging onto my 6D as I love it for night sky and like two bodies for night shooting, one for time lapse and one to run around with.
The 5DIV has been to Zion, the Upper Peninsula in winter and Yellowstone in winter. So far I'm very impressed with the 5DIV.

The winds were gusting to 50 mph. My right eye was frozen shut, I had snot frozen on the left side of my face, my fingers were fast becoming useless.
This is a 50 foot tall lighthouse, makes me wonder how big the wave was.
Muskegon south light on Lake Michigan about 20 min before sunset.

Awesome !!!.

Upvote 0
In Siem Reap in Cambodia, after the fall of Khmer Rouge, a man started a school for orphans/street children. They survive on donations and the income from handcrafted products from the children, plus a performance they have made. All performers are ex street children. This performance was telling the tragic story of Cambodia, in a combination of pantomime, ballet and acrobatics. In this picture a young girl is haunted by Khmer Rouge in her dreams.

The painting in the background was made on stage. The starting point was a nice, bright and happy image of Cambodia. The painter then crossed out this image and created a chaotic image in dramatic colours, ending up with this image, representing the coming of Khmer Rouge. Not a word was spoken, but it was very moving and the audience were brought to tears. If you go to see Angkor Wat, make sure you visit this performance.

Again, I am happy with the 5DIV. I have applied a flat +20 in NR and left everything else unchanged. I find the colour, dynamics and noise performance of this camera well worth the upgrade from a 5DIII.

24-70 f2.8L II @ 65mm, 1/80s, f/3.5, ISO4.000

Attachments

• _C0A4062.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 287
Upvote 0