Anything shot with the EOS 80D

I continue to like this purchase. Nice details and file latitude.

Here is a shot of the Costa Rican Ahinga of the Arsenal region. Aka Snake-Bird along the Rio Frigo

Shot from a Moving boat as the Bird groomed itself along the shore Foliage. 1/250th F/5, iso800 on a Canon 80D mounted with the 100-400mm mk.II @ 241mm

Attachments

• IMG_1143 1000p.jpg
    IMG_1143 1000p.jpg
    963.3 KB · Views: 309

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
K-amps, THANK YOU for starting this thread and posting some excellent sample shots for us.

I have the 100-400mm II and a 5D3, don't like using the combo with a 1.4x III, and have been looking at a cropped body.

With baby #2 on the way (any moment!), I have an excuse to hold off and hope for a price drop within six months...But I'm seeing the 80D as a more flexible body than the 7DII, as I really never need the higher frame rate.

Upvote 0
Some great photos, my favourites are the frogs and the fly. Between the frogs here are my thoughts, while the red eye frog is the more compelling of the subjects I like the green one better due to the lighting and composition. While I aspire to the skill of the form members I will post a few of my early favourites:

Picture 1 (Standing Pose) iso100 f5 1/640 EF-S 18-135 IS STM:
A challenging mid day full sun shot that I think worked out well.

Picture 2 (Splashdown) iso1600 f2.8 1/320 EF100L IS Macro
This photos was very challenging for exposure. It was indoors and quite dark with a dark slide background requiring positive exposure compensation. But as they hit the water they would come into a sun beam from the window that would catch the water that was very white and would require negative EC. All of this meant I was shooting wide open to get the shutter speed up and having to pre decide what part of the burst I wanted to keep. So a good test of the wonderful focus tracking system. While I had a lot of misses with focuses on smashing water. I am quite happy with this shot.

Picture 3 (Flower) iso200 f3.5 1/1000 EF100L IS Macro
Just a flower macro that I found had some visual interest.

Hope you enjoy

Attachments

• Picture-1.jpg
    Picture-1.jpg
    857.4 KB · Views: 270
  • Picture-2.jpg
    Picture-2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 260
  • Picture-3.jpg
    Picture-3.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 258
Upvote 0