Apology to all forum members.

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
I want to apologise to any and all forum members I have offended or hurt in the past.

I know I have offended a few. I am sincerely sorry.

I have no excuses. There is no reason to act the way I've sometimes acted. I promise to always think and remember there is another human being on the other end of the line.

Could not find anywhere else to put this post, so I put it here to probably be read by the most members.

Wishing all of you the very best in all facets of your lives. :)

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Mt Spokane Photography said:
We all post some things that would be better not said. I've deleted uncountable posts of mine before I pushed the post button. I might have more posts than Neuro if I had posted all those that I decided were too rude.

You night now have to apologise to Neuro for any possible misinterpretations of your post. The only way of never offending is never to post.

Upvote 0

Hector1970

CR Pro
Mar 22, 2012
We could all do with a bit of that humility on the internet.
Canon Rumors is pretty civilized compared to the general web where people can get really nasty in expressing what is an opinion. It’s good to take stock before you post whether the comment needs to be more respectful or toned down.
It’s also worth considering when a post makes you angry / upset that is it really that necessary to fire back a reply. In real life we are probably mainly a reasonable bunch of people.

Upvote 0
No offence taken on my part. I dare say I’ve done the same, and this inspires me to be better in the future. If CR is more civilized than some places, I don’t believe that it’s because the member are intrinsically better people, but rather that people take responsibility for their actions, as you’re showing an example of doing here. Thanks for encouraging us all.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
I am sure that I have done the same, particularly when I think that I am being humorous, yet someone else may interpret it as offensive. For this, I also apologize.

I’d like to add that I have yet to run into a CR member that I would not head out for a coffee (or beer) with..... there are a lot of interesting people out there!

Upvote 0

Besisika

How can you stand out, if you do like evrybdy else
Mar 25, 2014
Montreal
IglooEater said:
No offence taken on my part. I dare say I’ve done the same, and this inspires me to be better in the future. If CR is more civilized than some places, I don’t believe that it’s because the member are intrinsically better people, but rather that people take responsibility for their actions, as you’re showing an example of doing here. Thanks for encouraging us all.
++1
- All good on part as well. I new what I signed for.
- I did it too.
- Part of being human.

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2012
CanonFanBoy said:
I want to apologise to any and all forum members I have offended or hurt in the past.

I know I have offended a few. I am sincerely sorry.

I have no excuses. There is no reason to act the way I've sometimes acted. I promise to always think and remember there is another human being on the other end of the line.

Could not find anywhere else to put this post, so I put it here to probably be read by the most members.

Wishing all of you the very best in all facets of your lives. :)

I had a few slightly rude responses from someone in the past
I really dont store all that..

but
you are fine...I believe..
I have seen MANY good comments by you here..
and
this is a VERY good and informative forum... for me at least

when folks get wound up.. with this much information..
voices get loud.. I try to let intense opinions...remain useful

keep contributing....
strong opinions are also... most times..... fact-filled.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
sanj said:
Why was I spared? ;D

All is good, you did not strike me as a rude member.

It would be interesting to know why you made this post! Met Dalai Lama recently? :)

LOL! Nope. Though I once met a man who taught me to love my neighbors and enemies as myself, to be kind, to be compassionate, forgiving, and to be loving. I've not always done that. The spirit has been willing, but the flesh is sometimes so very weak. :)

Upvote 0
CanonFanBoy said:
...Though I once met a man who taught me to love my neighbors and enemies as myself, to be kind, to be compassionate, forgiving, and to be loving. I've not always done that. The spirit has been willing, but the flesh is sometimes so very weak. :)
+1 me too.

I find this forum very civil overall. I joined FredMiranda for about two days and left because a user responded to my first or second post "you wouldn't know the truth if it hit you in the a**". After I commented about nice way to welcome a new member, another user commented they had not seen the rude comment because they have that user turned off, so he must do that stuff all the time. I tried to report it and remove my account and got no reply. So their site is very poorly moderated (if at all) while I assume this site is well moderated. Since I am a moderator myself on another (non-photo) site, I know how much work it can be.

Upvote 0
CanonFanBoy said:
sanj said:
Why was I spared? ;D

All is good, you did not strike me as a rude member.

It would be interesting to know why you made this post! Met Dalai Lama recently? :)

LOL! Nope. Though I once met a man who taught me to love my neighbors and enemies as myself, to be kind, to be compassionate, forgiving, and to be loving. I've not always done that. The spirit has been willing, but the flesh is sometimes so very weak. :)

I had been starting to wonder if you'd been to the Gothard seminar or something. What you said here is the best of reasons.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Just stumbled upon this and curiosity got the best of me so I searched the posts. I don't remember anything of significance and the search says to me that all is fine. This topic made me thing of ("dear old") Dilbert. ;)

Some trolls have said some pretty nasty things but hey, that's what we expect from them. I think CR is a pretty friendly place.

Jack

Upvote 0
Mar 28, 2013
Jack Douglas said:
I think CR is a pretty friendly place.

I'd have to agree. Despite people who get heated defending their decisions regarding how they spend $1000s of their money (which is understandable, because no one wants to feel or be told that they made a poor choice with a big chunk of money), by and large this forum is extremely informative and relatively benign.

There is a significant amount of "oh, you're new here so you shouldn't be so vocal about your opinions" type reactionary posting, but that's pretty common in online forum communities.

Upvote 0

beforeEos Camaras

love to take photos.
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2014
Jack Douglas said:
Just stumbled upon this and curiosity got the best of me so I searched the posts. I don't remember anything of significance and the search says to me that all is fine. This topic made me thing of ("dear old") Dilbert. ;)

Some trolls have said some pretty nasty things but hey, that's what we expect from them. I think CR is a pretty friendly place.

Jack
oh no you spoke the name what cannot be spoken Dilbert.

its been so strange not having he and Nero at odds with each outer.

well back to lurking.

Upvote 0