Apple designer Jony Ive's custom charity Leica rangefinder revealed

Upvote 0
Hmmm I don't care much for Apple's make everything rounded and white- 'design'. Something like this is ok as a design study, but to actually build it (and then never to be used) what's the point?

Someone please fill me in where the link between Apple and Leica came from. Next thing will be an Apple Smart (car).

Oh wait...
8e89503666671f966f9c8e231683056a.jpg

Upvote 0
TrabimanUK said:
Posted a link yesteday in

canon rumors FORUM »
Gear Talk »
Third Party Manufacturers »
One-off Leica anyone?

but no-one replied :'(

don't feel it that way... it is just the matter of title of the threat. that is the reason why it draws more readers than yours. we are learning everyday right? a marketing lesson :p

Upvote 0
So, rounded edges and a speaker grille / grip. Other than that I don't see what the fuss is about. Am all for charity so I do hope it sells for a high amount. But that shouldn't reflect the value of the designer. What's he doing designing cameras anyway?

About a month ago no one except diehard Apple fanboys had even heard of this Ive character. Suddenly he's the da vinci of electronic devices?

I think Canon made quite aesthetically pleasing gear themselves. A 5D3 with a 24-70II on it is a beautiful thing!

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
Zv said:
Suddenly he's the da vinci of electronic devices?
Ha ha ha, good one! ... Since the past year or so I've only been using Apple products (except for the iPhone ... since last month I'm using a Samsung Mega 6.3 to better see with my tired old eyes) ... sure I didn't know who Jony Ive was a year ago, but it was nice to know the person behind the designs I like ... sure he is no da vinci but you know lots of his designs are really good ... so, come on be charitable, after all it was for charity and the season of charity is just around the corner :). Peace

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
Upvote 0