Are you horizontally challenged?

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
ahab1372 said:
Marsu42 said:
Oh well, another fluffy bunny snapshot for Surapon :) ... I take a lot of pictures lying on flat on the ground, crawling through mud or kneeing in waist-high water to get to eye level of animals.
Only waist-deep? Look at Mate Bence :)
Mate-Bence-1.jpg

Ha, Ha, Ha, Dear Mr. ahab1372.
Well in this case, I will hire some of the PRO to do the job for me, I do not want to play with snake or alligators---Yes, If I die, My wife will be very happy person to remarry with young and handsome man---And That Young man will laugh at the Old Fool---Ha, Ha, Ha.
Nice to talk to you, Sir.
Surapon

Upvote 0
ahab1372 said:

I'm getting off-topic from my own thread, and I'd really like further input on how to get level shots in-camera...

...but now that I see that your shot I can admit it: I look like this wading through the pond, but without the camo gear on and was hovering my expensive dslr macro gear 1cm above water level crawling up on unsuspecting frogs. I thought if I admitted my shooting style straight out I'd get banned for proven insanity. The good thing: easy to get the levels straight at water level :) ... quak..

wcz8.jpg

Upvote 0

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
Marsu42 said:
ahab1372 said:

I'm getting off-topic from my own thread, and I'd really like further input on how to get level shots in-camera...

...but now that I see that your shot I can admit it: I look like this wading through the pond, but without the camo gear on and was hovering my expensive dslr macro gear 1cm above water level crawling up on unsuspecting frogs. I thought if I admitted my shooting style straight out I'd get banned for proven insanity. The good thing: easy to get the levels straight at water level :) ... quak..

wcz8.jpg

Yes, Sir,Dear Mr. Marsu42, That Why I call you the PRO, Because of Your Beautiful/ Artistic Creator like this Photo.----Yes, In the PRO Magazine, They have definition of the PRO = some one earn 80% of their income/ Money from Protography---BUT, In my IDEA---Just my IDEA, so many They call them self THE PRO as their work in Advertizing/ Photography for their living----Their skill in Artistic Photography, most of them are far below the Skill of CR Members , who I see their photos on so many posts in CR.
Thanks you, Sir for the wonderful Point of View, which I can learn from you, to improve my skill in the near future.
Surapon

Upvote 0
alexanderferdinand said:
BUT: if you try to tilt this in PP the bunny would look funny..... I would leave it like it is.

Good, because it isn't as it is, it already is slightly rotated :-> ... but I seem to have found the good compromise.

These things somehow seem to happen often with my shots, probably I'm shooting a lot of animals in natural environments and nothing is 90 degrees angle nor will they wait for you to take the perfect point of view shot....

... meaning that judging from the replies so far the way to go really seems to leave more space and then rotate in post.

surapon said:
Yes, Sir,Dear Mr. Marsu42, That Why I call you the PRO, Because of Your Beautiful/ Artistic Creator like this

Oh my, you're certainly good at flattery, thank you very much :) ... all gearheads please note that this was taken with a cheap 100mm non-L macro on a beggar-class 60d, you can get nice shots from this lens.

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2013
I think there are times when a photo need not be "straight", as in the rabbit shots. There is no real reference to a perceived horizontal or vertical reference.
My first photo is another example where the subjects look vertical.
My second photo shows the main person seems to sit vertical, but the background is slanted. Straightening the background makes the main guy sit totally uncomfortable. Then, what about the lady to the left. She's bending forward, and if the photo is straightened, she appears funny.
Yes, when there is a definite horizontal or vertical reference, a photo has to be straight ( unless an intention of making a point ).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    482.5 KB · Views: 385
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    768.8 KB · Views: 404
Upvote 0