• Probably, if it is reviewed favourably

Votes: 62 32.0%
  • No, unless it exceeds what is expected

Votes: 47 24.2%
  • No

Votes: 54 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I need a new camera having (stupidly) lost my 50D earlier in the year.
I've been using an EOS-M in the interim, but need something a bit larger as the M tends to be too small in my hands,
and the buttons and touchscreen are a bit dainty for my fingers.
Have been toying with the idea of getting a 6D, but will wait to see what the 7DII (or whatever) is like before committing.
And I've got too much glass and not enough $$$ to consider going to another manufacturer at this point.

Upvote 0
Feb 15, 2011
Most likely. not. I shoot a 60D personally and a 70D for work.

I'm in the vast, vast minority here of people who want Wi-Fi on a camera. For professional work, it is an invaluable tool for what we do. If the 70D doesn't have Wi-Fi, as rumored, it's not as useful to me. Even for personal work, the IQ will have to be crazy good to get me to upgrade from the 60D.

For once, I'm quite happy with my APS-C cameras and lens selection, so I'm not in a hurry to get something else. That is, however, unless Canon comes out with a body containing innovations that I just can't resist. With their increasingly incremental upgrades, I don't see that happening. YMMV.

Upvote 0
Back when it came out, I bought the 7D over the 5D2 as it felt to me as the better camera. And a absolutely loved it to bits.

Then the 5D3 came out, and it felt like a 7D on steroids. So bought that. Maybe when a 7D2 comes out, it will again feel like a better camera then the 5D3. Who knows.

For now, I'm really happy with what I have, so I dont expect to purchase one in the near future.

Upvote 0
Dec 17, 2013
Yes, I plan to get this camera. I hesitate to pre-order. I am most likely to give the business to my local camera shop, since I end up being honest and reporting big-ticket no-sales-tax items on my state income tax. (I don't bother with the small fry). I am expecting that the 7D2 will be a significant enough upgrade from the 60D to be worthwhile for a birding camera - increased frame rate, clearly better AF than the 7Dclassic (light-years better than the 60D and 6D for birding purposes), mildly improved sensor.

Upvote 0
Don Haines said:
With all the hype on the forum about the 7D2, the question is asked.... "Are you going to get one"?

Who is serious about the camera and who is just kicking tires or wondering about Canon's possible plans for the future?

I've voted "probably, if it is reviewed favourably"

This choice is not completely accurate. In my case a more correct option would be, "Yes, if the price is acceptable."

I have a crop body now. To pay more for the 7D2 than say the 6D, considering FF ISO performance, is going to be the real sticking point. YMMV

Upvote 0
I'm pretty certain I'll never buy another DSLR.

After a few months with the Fuji X100S I'm convinced the steamroller of miniaturization will crush the DSLR. Like it or not, a mirrorless camera is in your future.

My prediction is Summer Olympics 2020 -- mirrorless cameras will dominate and the stonemason will be working on a DSLR tombstone.

Meanwhile, I'll continue blissfully happy with my 5D3 and ride it to the final curtain.

Upvote 0