As the Photographers--What will we do?

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
privatebydesign said:
As mm said, if this subject interests you read about Kevin Carter and his Pulitzer Prize winning Sudan image, that ended up creating a story that has largely been contradicted by other prize winning photographers there at the time.

But the far better tale is the book "The Bang Bang Club: Snapshots from a Hidden War", that follows the workings of four key photographers during the civil unrest during the end of the apartheid era in South Africa. Touches on many similar instances and the photographers feelings about the images they took, and the effect taking those images had on them, and those effects can't be underestimated, Carter killed himself, Ken Oosterbroek was killed while photographing there, Greg Marinovich was shot three times before stepping back from conflict photography and João Silva was very seriously injured in Afghanistan in 2010.

Compulsory reading for those interested.

Thanks you, Sir, Dear Mr. privatebydesign---For this post.
Yes, These Professional Photographers must be a special Person , who have a Big Heart for Capture the REAL NEWS/ REAL PHOTOS and report to the people like us , who sit in the armchair, and complaint of the activities.

Yes, Sir, I have dear friend, Vietnam war Hero, After the war, Steve came back and work in My Home town North Carolina. Yes, He have a great Hobby = Sky Driver, Who want to open the chute near the ground as Near as possible. I ask him = Why ?. He answer me with the great answer---Yes, He show me 2 Purple Hearts for 4 Tours. He almost Die for the gun shots wound and the bombs, But He survive the war. When he came back home, He Have the Nightmare---Because of He is not the real Super Hero, He still have a lot of Fear in his heart---And Can not get to sleep easy---That Why He must do the Sky Driving in every Week End, To get More Fear of Dead, And Can get to sleep in the next night----Sorry in 1974-1978, USA. still not have the good way to treat the mental health person like my dear friend , Steve.
Yes He Die in 1978 When he did Skydriving too close to the ground and the parachute not open fast enough--
- Yes, He Die, When he do some thing Very Happy-----------May Be same thing as The War Photographers.

Nice to talk to you, Sir.
Surapon

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
mackguyver said:
I'm not sure how many of you have seen this one (Link is to Forbes editorial):
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/2012/12/04/new-york-posts-subway-death-photo-was-it-ethical/
ny-post-cover.jpg
WOW! ... even if "the photographer, R. Umar Abbasi, claims he got the shot only incidentally", why did he give it to the editor to be published and why the f*ck did the editor even publish it ... bunch of greedy low life a55holes trying to make money off of someones misery.

Upvote 0

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
Rienzphotoz said:
mackguyver said:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/2012/12/04/new-york-posts-subway-death-photo-was-it-ethical/
ny-post-cover.jpg
WOW! ... even if "the photographer, R. Umar Abbasi, claims he got the shot only incidentally", why did he give it to the editor to be published and why the f*ck did the editor even publish it ... bunch of greedy low life a55holes trying to make money of someones misery.

Yes, Dear Rienz---I am agree with you 1000% " bunch of greedy low life a55holes trying to make money of someones misery ".
Thanks for share your feeling.
Surapon

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
surapon said:
Rienzphotoz said:
mackguyver said:
ny-post-cover.jpg
WOW! ... even if "the photographer, R. Umar Abbasi, claims he got the shot only incidentally", why did he give it to the editor to be published and why the f*ck did the editor even publish it ... bunch of greedy low life a55holes trying to make money of someones misery.

Yes, Dear Rienz---I am agree with you 1000% " bunch of greedy low life a55holes trying to make money of someones misery ".
Surapon
And he "accidentally" got the shot..... The camera was accidentally pointed in the right direction... and the settings were accidentally right for the poor lighting conditions.... and it was accidentally in focus... and it was accidentally framed well... and the flash accidentally fired.... but it is no accident that I do not believe him.

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
Don Haines said:
surapon said:
Rienzphotoz said:
mackguyver said:
ny-post-cover.jpg

Surapon
And he "accidentally" got the shot..... The camera was accidentally pointed in the right direction... and the settings were accidentally right for the poor lighting conditions.... and it was accidentally in focus... and it was accidentally framed well... and the flash accidentally fired.... but it is no accident that I do not believe him.
Good point!
I was so pi55ed off reading the photographer's excuse, that I didn't even realize how perfectly and deliberately it has been shot ... my blood boils just thinking of it. How can a human being be so cruel that he chose not to save the person despite having the time to compose the image so deliberately!

Upvote 0