Asia ( American/Asian) Member

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
Well, May be I am the first one, Best of Both world = American + Asian.
Yes, I was born in South East Asia / Thailand , That 64 Years ago, And After finish my first degree in Architecture, and work in Bangkok for 3 years, merried and Move to Study for my Master Degree, Live and Work in North Carolina since 1974, until now.
Can I count my self as Asian ?---Yes, Yellow skin, And Tiny eyes like Chinese---Yes, Both of my Grand fathers from Mainland China too, And run away from Communist, To Thailand and merried with Beautiful Thai Girl.
Nice to talk to you.
Happy New year 2014.
Surapon

Attachments

• SURAPON-5.jpg
    SURAPON-5.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 528
  • SURAPON-3.jpg
    SURAPON-3.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 520
  • FP95.jpg
    FP95.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 534

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
ajfotofilmagem said:
Hi friend Surapon. Did not quite understand the subject of this section. ??? But I think your wife will love the part "Beautiful Thai Girl". :-* ;)

Ha, Ha, Ha, Dear Teacher , Mr. ajfotofilmagem.
Yes, I do not understand this Post either, They said that No Asian as the Board Member here yet, Well that why I post at the first Person in this Post.
Have a happy Holiday Sir.
Surapon

Upvote 0

JPAZ

If only I knew what I was doing.....
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2012
Southwest USA
We all come from someplace and all of us have ancestors who come from someplace. We should each embrace our heritage but, the USA holds a unique position on the planet. That is (except for the Native American people) everyone here is essentially from somewhere else.

Surapon, you are an interesting and enthusiastic guy, but I'd classify you just as American, just like the Smith family, the Casey family, the Anweke family, the the Patel family, the Cohen family, the Al-Mani family and so on.

My best wishes to you and your family.

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
JPAZ said:
We all come from someplace and all of us have ancestors who come from someplace. We should each embrace our heritage but, the USA holds a unique position on the planet. That is (except for the Native American people) everyone here is essentially from somewhere else.

Surapon, you are an interesting and enthusiastic guy, but I'd classify you just as American, just like the Smith family, the Casey family, the Anweke family, the the Patel family, the Cohen family, the Al-Mani family and so on.

My best wishes to you and your family.

THANKSSSSS, Dear Friend, JPAZ.
I am very glad that I come to know all of my new / great friends in CR , past 5 months ago, since August 2, 2013. Yes, I am Pick up the great New Tricks and Great Knowledge for all of our Friends , for Our Love Hobby / Photography.
Happy Holiday, Sir.
Surapon

Upvote 0
Hi. I was trying to look for other Filipinos; ended up in this thread, saw it was quite empty so i decided to post. :D

I was born and raised in the Philippines and if it wasn't for last year's World Youth Day in Rio, Brazil I would have lived 24 years without leaving the northern island of Luzon. Like most Filipinos I am a mix of several(for a lack of a better word) racial bloods: Filipino, American, Spanish and a little bit of Chinese blood.

I picked up my first and only dslr 3 years ago when a used t3i/600d with a broken kit came into my hands from relatives who hail from vegas. Since then, my life has never been the same: I started covering church events, then fiestas, then regional conferences till I was asked to join the national delegation to the WYD Brazil. I am currently still a student, a seminarian actually, about half way through in my journey to in hopes to be ordained a priest some day.

I still have the t3i, tinkered with the kit lens and destroyed it. Bought the nifty fifty, then later the not-so-good 75-300 usm(non-L of course). Settled for a YN flash till it broke then bought the 430exII because I didn't know any better at that time.

I make nothing for my photography but it has brought me places I would have never dreamed of going and it has allowed me to meet very special people from philippine slums to the farms of brazil.

P.S. second shot was taken with a borrowed d40 and that's me at the end.

Attachments

• 6 (2).jpg
    6 (2).jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 418
  • DSC_0580.jpg
    DSC_0580.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_4402.jpg
    IMG_4402.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 450
  • lol.jpg
    lol.jpg