Autumn, 2018

Yup, it's an autumn shot! We got between 11-15 centimetres of snow yesterday. It's melting now, but I thought I'd go out and get some 'fallen leaves in snow' shots. It's actually one of my favourite things to do in winter around here. You seldom get everything in focus, of course, unless you photo stack (which I seldom do). :)_MG_8286_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Yesterday afternoon along the local walking trail. It had snowed heavily the day before but the snow was fast melting and I thought I'd try to grab a few pictures before it was gone. I'm not sure why, really, since plenty more will be coming our way in the months ahead and it was quite a drippy, overcast day. Just practicing, I guess. :)_MG_8316_DxO copy.jpg_MG_8305_DxO copy.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
The first picture is from my Fujifilm X-T10. It's a nice little camera. I really like the analogue-like dials and whatnot. I think it does a great job with street shots, casual portraiture and whatnot, but it just doesn't seem to have what it takes for landscapes. This is especially evident in scenes with lots of leafy trees. To my eye, anyway, the results appear too digital or graphic for want of better words to describe my reaction.

The second picture is from my 5DMII with the 40mm pancake lens. It's a much better landscape camera in my estimation. The picture itself is rather vacant conceptually in some ways I guess, but I really like the colours and the texturing provided by the grasses and snow. Footbridge copy.jpg_MG_8341_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0