B&H Photo Hands-On With the EOS 7D Mark II

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p>B&H Photo has posted their hands-on video with the Canon EOS 7D Mark II. As you might expect, they’re extremely favourable of the new APS-C camera from Canon. I can’t wait to try it out.</p>
<p><iframe width="500" height="281" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7THzK2fr4hU?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></p>
<p><strong><strong>Canon EOS 7D Mark II $1799: <a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1081808-REG/canon_9128b002_eos_7d_mark_ii.html/bi/2466/kbid/3296" target="_blank">B&H Photo</a> | <a href="http://www.adorama.com/ICA7DM2.html?KBID=64393" target="_blank">Adorama</a> | <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NEWZDRG/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00NEWZDRG&linkCode=as2&tag=canorumo-20&linkId=4IHYPE3ZKJN5VL4X" target="_blank">Amazon</a> | <a href="http://www.cameracanada.com/enet-cart/product.asp?pid=7dmarkii" target="_blank">Camera Canada</a></strong></strong></p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

Dec 3, 2013
Re: B&H Photo Hands-On With the EOS 7D Mark II

I'm still waiting for reviews where the reviewers are willing to discuss the warts. Every camera has them. For example, Kelby was geeking out over the performance at ISO 16,000 while the background blotchy noise was the only thing my eyes fixated on... it was like the 5D2 all over again. He didn't see it and apparently didn't care.

Upvote 0

Marsu42

Canon Pride.
Feb 7, 2012
Berlin
der-tierfotograf.de

e_honda said:
2n10 said:
Who or what says you need to shoot only sports and wildlife with this camera?
Says anyone who could save several hundreds of dollars and get the same performance from a 70D if they're not going to shoot sports/wildlife.

If the 7d1 was good enough, the 70d certainly also is - but you have to watch out for hidden traps. Canon removed the spot af from 7d1->70d, and at least when I tried the 70d in a shop I found the af points to be *huge* and think it might be difficult to af small spots with it. Feel free to correct me, but many usability differences don't show up in a quick comparison of core specs.

Upvote 0

Correct me if i am wrong but i thought a couple of times he says 24 mp sensor even the two others there do not correct him. So has he got a 24mp sensor-ed pre-production 7D mk11 and has done a review on that and not on a 7D mk11 which Canon are releasing soon with the 20 mp sensor. If he has the wrong camera then how much difference will it be sensor wise between the two sensors. I take all other stuff eg AF Metering FPS will all be the same. Just confused that he mentioned 24 mp and was not corrected by either chap there.

Oops just got in from work and did't notice the other thread Sorry

Upvote 0

It does seem like it's going to be a wonderful camera, and I'm considering getting one since it would make a great second camera to the 5D3 (backup camera and for use where more "reach" is needed). However, this video still has the feel of a marketing brochure rather than a true review. B&H is in the business to sell cameras, so of course they want to sell 7D2s and say good things about them. I'm eager to see neutral parties get their hands on this camera and test it. That's when we'll really know its true quality. I'm sure it is going to be great, but that real "review time" hasn't yet come.

Upvote 0

StudentOfLight

I'm on a life-long journey of self-discovery
Nov 2, 2013
Cape Town

quod said:
I'm still waiting for reviews where the reviewers are willing to discuss the warts. Every camera has them. For example, Kelby was geeking out over the performance at ISO 16,000 while the background blotchy noise was the only thing my eyes fixated on... it was like the 5D2 all over again. He didn't see it and apparently didn't care.
Their enthusiasm is a bit much. The pre-production models (by their admission) are not necessarily representative of what is going to be shipped...

Upvote 0

chris_w_digits said:
It does seem like it's going to be a wonderful camera, and I'm considering getting one since it would make a great second camera to the 5D3 (backup camera and for use where more "reach" is needed). However, this video still has the feel of a marketing brochure rather than a true review. B&H is in the business to sell cameras, so of course they want to sell 7D2s and say good things about them. I'm eager to see neutral parties get their hands on this camera and test it. That's when we'll really know its true quality. I'm sure it is going to be great, but that real "review time" hasn't yet come.

B&H also has a reputation and deep respect from the photographer community. They did mention features available in other models that they felt were shortcomings, which I certainly appreciated even though they don't interest me.

We still have some waiting to do, for sure.

Upvote 0