B&W Waterscapes and Nautical Scenes...

Eldar said:
Aldeyarfoss is far from the highest, with its 20m fall and it is far from the biggest, with its modest volume of water. But it is still my favourite Icelandic waterfall. The most interesting features of the waterfall is the contrast between the black basalt columns, the fantastic natural, but so artistic, figures in the layer above these and the white waters of the fall. The scene looks totally prehistoric.

5DSR, 24-70 f2.8L II @57mm. 17800s, f7.1, ISO100

Nice picture, Eldar. The 5DSR is tempting. I imagine a large print would be impressive. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks guys,
That place is simply awesome! I am still on travel, so I have not had the chance to print anything. However, the 5DSR, when you have proper light like this, is producing stunning detail. I made a 6 image stitch of this scene, producing a +200MP image. If there ever was a motive who could justify that kind of resolution, this is it.

If you have not been to Iceland, you should definitely go. It is easily accessible from both Europe and the US. Go to Reykjavik, rent a car and drive around the island. There is nothing like it anywhere on the planet.

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Eldar said:
Aldeyarfoss is far from the highest, with its 20m fall and it is far from the biggest, with its modest volume of water. But it is still my favourite Icelandic waterfall. The most interesting features of the waterfall is the contrast between the black basalt columns, the fantastic natural, but so artistic, figures in the layer above these and the white waters of the fall. The scene looks totally prehistoric.

5DSR, 24-70 f2.8L II @57mm. 17800s, f7.1, ISO100

Lovely Shot !

Upvote 0
Here's a shot of Bamburgh Castle in Linconshire:

8276138566_6473844fa0_b.jpg

Canon 5DIII and ef 24-70 f2.8 L.

Here's a photo I took of Dunstanburgh:

8258076903_2ac7e92310_b.jpg

Canon 5DIII and ef 16-35 f2.8 L II

Upvote 0

Sporgon

CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
GMCPhotographics said:

Lincolnshire ? When was it moved mate ?! ;)

You shouldn't pass this misinformation to our American friends; imagine them flying all the way over from the States and spending days wandering up and down the Lincolnshire coastline looking for the castle ;D

Upvote 0
Sporgon said:
GMCPhotographics said:

You shouldn't pass this misinformation to our American friends; imagine them flying all the way over from the States and spending days wandering up and down the Lincolnshire coastline looking for the castle ;D

Yes! Thanks for spotting that, I'll write a note to myself that my spelling goes a little awry at 1:30 am!
Every time I've been to Bamburgh castle in Lincolnshire, it's been swamped with photographers. So a little unintentional misdirection...might be a good thing!

Upvote 0

Sporgon

CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
GMCPhotographics said:
Sporgon said:
GMCPhotographics said:

Yes! Thanks for spotting that, I'll write a note to myself that my spelling goes a little awry at 1:30 am!
Every time I've been to Bamburgh castle in Lincolnshire, it's been swamped with photographers. So a little unintentional misdirection...might be a good thing!

It's in Northumberland !

About a three hour drive from Lincolnshire ;)

Upvote 0
Click said:
svensemann said:
Great topic and great pictures here. I'll drop in:

Lovely. Nicely done.

Thanks a lot, Click!

And before you ask: Yes, this was a tough one to get. I had to return for several conecutive days, because of the position of the sun, clouds, parking cars, clouds, did I mention clouds? But finally I was rewardes with the additional ferry in the background. This is what I like about landscape photography: Having a picture in mind, chasing it and never get it. But get another, maybe better one... Cheers

Upvote 0