Beautiful sunsets

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi James.
I like the orange lollipop, in another couple of minutes it could have been sitting directly in the stick if you could get the angle.
My brother used to ask if I wanted the moon on a stick, you were very nearly able to offer the sun on a stick.

Cheers, Graham.

james75 said:
here's a sunset shot I took a few nights ago at the ocean.

Upvote 0
South Coast NSW AU

Canon 5D Mk 3
TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Tilt-Shift Lens
3 shot pano using the shift function
A bush fire in the background, was very still on the water while I set up and as I went to take the picture damn duck landed causing a ripple on the lake. I later liked the effect.

Attachments

• sunset pano.jpg
    sunset pano.jpg
    895.3 KB · Views: 250
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Re: South Coast NSW AU

faccray said:
Canon 5D Mk 3
TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Tilt-Shift Lens
3 shot pano using the shift function
A bush fire in the background, was very still on the water while I set up and as I went to take the picture damn duck landed causing a ripple on the lake. I later liked the effect.

Lovely. Nicely done, faccray.

Upvote 0
Click said:
serendipidy said:
Several from 3 days ago. 5D3, 70-200f/2.8L II

Crazy sky. 8)

Hi Click.
I was out at sunset to feed my herons and didn't think I'd get any shots, but took my 5D3 anyway. Got one nice photo of the resident juvenile heron at sunset, sitting on the concrete wall. Then I looked up and the sky was on fire. This was due to a heavy dose of VOG (volcanic smog) drifting over Oahu from Kilauea volcano on the Big Island (Hawaii island). This often makes for spectacular sunsets if the conditions are right. It always looks a lot better in person than in the camera.
Cheers,
Eric

Upvote 0