Beautiful sunsets

Thank you for a quick reply! :)
The last picture is very purple, I agree. It is an old picture, taken in jpeg for some reason. I do have other pictures from the same place, approx. at the same time (last year), and they were just as purple. A bit more contrasty though. I do agree with you though, it is perhaps a tad too purple.
It often gets quite foggy out there, and that gives the sunsets a very intense color.

Here is a more recent picture from the same place, taken june this year. All I have done is to add some clarity, a bit of NR, and some sharpness. No Color correction, and this is pretty much similar to what it looked like in real life.

Attachments

• Steinsfjellet ny.jpg
    Steinsfjellet ny.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 21,719
Upvote 0

bjd

Aug 29, 2011
Another HDR one. A terrible lightning storm was going on behind me when I took this one,
so that I didn't dare get out of the car and took this out of the driver's side window.

5D MK3 EF16-35 at 16mm, F6.7, ISO100, 1/250 - 1/30 sec, 7 Bracketed shots, processed with EasyHDR.

Attachments

• _F8A2552_8A2553_8A2554_8A2555_8A2556_8A2557_8A2558_easyHDR-PRO-2-1004-repair1.jpg
    _F8A2552_8A2553_8A2554_8A2555_8A2556_8A2557_8A2558_easyHDR-PRO-2-1004-repair1.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 6,357
Upvote 0
Pitbullo said:
Thank you for a quick reply! :)
The last picture is very purple, I agree. It is an old picture, taken in jpeg for some reason. I do have other pictures from the same place, approx. at the same time (last year), and they were just as purple. A bit more contrasty though. I do agree with you though, it is perhaps a tad too purple.
It often gets quite foggy out there, and that gives the sunsets a very intense color.

Here is a more recent picture from the same place, taken june this year. All I have done is to add some clarity, a bit of NR, and some sharpness. No Color correction, and this is pretty much similar to what it looked like in real life.

Yeah that's a lot better. Thanks for share.

Peace! 8)

Upvote 0
My efforts, not quite up to the quality of some of the earlier posts.

IMG8131-M.jpg

Sydney-Harbour-M.jpg

MurraysBeach2012-07-0816-54-M.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
serendipidy said:
Stanley

Gorgeous shots. Really like the brilliant colors. How did you shoot those? Thanks for sharing. 8)

Thank you! Most of the time, all I end up doing is increasing contrast and saturation with the help of Capture One for Raw editing and then in Photoshop I use Nik Software mostly again for contrast / saturation. I stay away from replacing colour etc - basically I just intensify the scene :)

Sometimes I also exposure blend (+/- 1-2 stops) if required to control the shadows and highlights.

Here is the rest of my portfolio - http://www.flickr.com/photos/stanleykozak/

Upvote 0
Z

zedarean

stanleykozak said:
Thank you! Most of the time, all I end up doing is increasing contrast and saturation with the help of Capture One for Raw editing and then in Photoshop I use Nik Software mostly again for contrast / saturation. I stay away from replacing colour etc - basically I just intensify the scene :)

Sometimes I also exposure blend (+/- 1-2 stops) if required to control the shadows and highlights.

Here is the rest of my portfolio - http://www.flickr.com/photos/stanleykozak/

Wow, awesome portfolio!

Upvote 0