BEAUTIFUL YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK 8/22/2015

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
East Wind Photography said:
Was there about a month before you. After our visit we drove up to Glacier NP and spent a week hiking up there. Saw some grizzlies and big horn sheep.... However, way too crowded. Seems this was the busiest summer on record for the parks.

Wow, dear friend Mr. East Wind Photography.
You are very Lucky, that have a chance to hiking up there at Glacier NP. I wishes I could hike there and stay the night in the camp ----Ha, Ha, Ha , with 12 pieces of BEAR'S SPRAY CANS around my belt. Yes, Too crowded, with the Chinese tourists----Ha, Ha, Ha. They always talk too loud, until the rangers come to warn them. Yes, Sir, I will be back again.
Good night, Sir.
Surapon.

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
dilbert said:
Was there about a month before you. After our visit we drove up to Glacier NP and spent a week hiking up there. Saw some grizzlies and big horn sheep.... However, way too crowded. Seems this was the busiest summer on record for the parks.

Winter last year was very mild so they opened earlier than usual = busier than usual.

This winter will be different...

Yes, dear friend Mr. dilbert.
This year, Cold winter, Both Yellow Stone and Glacier NP, Close very early, BUT they open for the tourists , who rent the Snowmobile, when the snow come.
Good Night, Sir.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
dilbert said:
Valvebounce said:
Wow, you have a lot of gorgeous photos here, the goats are close, but how close was that bison?

It is not uncommon to see bison walking along the side of the road and when a herd of bison decides to walk across the road in front of you and then surround the car, there's not a whole lot you can do except sit tight and wait for them to get out of the way.

But none of these pictures really do it for me - they all seem washed out? (except for X-1 and X-2)

Thank you, Sir, Dear friend Mr. dilbert.
For me, I do not want to near the Wild / Big Animal with in 1/4 Miles----Ha, Ha, Ha---Except in the SUV with window close up to 80%------I am chicken at heart.
Good night, Sir.

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
takesome1 said:
dilbert said:
But none of these pictures really do it for me - they all seem washed out? (except for X-1 and X-2)

Probably your monitor. Washed out is not a word I would have used as a critique.

Ha, Ha, Ha---Thankssss, Dear Friend Mr. takesome1.
May be our friend Mr. Dilbert already see my type of Point and Shoot ( Typical Pictures of the Tourist ) for thousand times.---Ha, Ha, Ha, I am the tourist too, The First time in Yellow stone--I must take the Picture as the typical tourist's Point of views---Not just the Photo of the Eyes of Mountain Goats or the beautiful flowers around there.
Good Night, Sir.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
dilbert said:
surapon said:
Yes, Too crowded, with the Chinese tourists----Ha, Ha, Ha. They always talk too loud, until the rangers come to warn them.

Did you make that up?

Dear Friend Mr. dilbert.
No, That are the truth, I can swear to my Lord of Buddha---One time in the Glacier NP, One Chinese boy = 7-9 years old try to disturb the heard of deers, who come to eat grass near us, by shout and throw some small thing to the deer---and all deers run away. My older Sister ( Dr. Chirapa) get very upset, and go to tell that boy and his Parents----WOW, They just Laugh, and walk away, because the park ranger just walk to see us, what happen----And My Older sister tell the whole story to the Park Ranger---Too bad, The Chinese family, when they see the Park Ranger, and they drive the rental car away.
Sir, I have 25% Chinese blood too, Both of my dear grand father from Mainland China---And I total Honor most of the Chinese People, Except the New Rich, Chinese People Now, They do not learn the good manner in the school.
Have a great Sunday.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
dilbert said:
surapon said:
For me, I do not want to near the Wild / Big Animal with in 1/4 Miles----Ha, Ha, Ha---Except in the SUV with window close up to 80%------I am chicken at heart.

You're in an MX-5 with the top down, enjoying a nice summer drive through Yellowstone when you stop behind other cars that are stopped for a bison herd on the road ahead. Other bison on either side of the road start wandering across the road. Do you risk putting the top up and spooking the bison or leaving the top down and watching them walk by you less than 3 feet away from you in the driver's seat?

surapon said:
takesome1 said:
dilbert said:

Probably your monitor. Washed out is not a word I would have used as a critique.

Ha, Ha, Ha---Thankssss, Dear Friend Mr. takesome1.
May be our friend Mr. Dilbert already see my type of Point and Shoot ( Typical Pictures of the Tourist ) for thousand times.---Ha, Ha, Ha, I am the tourist too, The First time in Yellow stone--I must take the Picture as the typical tourist's Point of views---Not just the Photo of the Eyes of Mountain Goats or the beautiful flowers around there.

I've been a tourist there too and none of my pictures turned out like this. The gysers highlights are all blown too.

What were you exposing for?

Thanks, Dear friend Mr. Dilbert.
When I take the Photos of the secenery / Out door--Bright Sun Shine, I set all my cameras at AV Mode ( Canon ) at F= 16 ( for the sharp + good DOF ), and Set ISO = 200, to push the camera auto-set the shutter speed = Higher than 1/ 125 sec. or faster, If that Lens 70-200 mm, or 100-400 mm.---After that, I just point and Shoot.
Sorry, Sir, Most of my Photos have the White clouds Blow up, because I want the ground area have more details ( Ha, Ha, Ha, I have Gradated ND G2 Cokin in my vast Pocket too, But I am too lazy to put in front of my B&W Cir. PL Filter ).
Thanks for your great comments, Which I will follow your foot steps in next trip---Not Lazy Surapon any more.
Have a great Sunday, Sir.
Surapon.

Upvote 0
surapon said:
dilbert said:
surapon said:
Yes, Too crowded, with the Chinese tourists----Ha, Ha, Ha. They always talk too loud, until the rangers come to warn them.

Did you make that up?

Dear Friend Mr. dilbert.
No, That are the truth, I can swear to my Lord of Buddha---One time in the Glacier NP, One Chinese boy = 7-9 years old try to disturb the heard of deers, who come to eat grass near us, by shout and throw some small thing to the deer---and all deers run away. My older Sister ( Dr. Chirapa) get very upset, and go to tell that boy and his Parents----WOW, They just Laugh, and walk away, because the park ranger just walk to see us, what happen----And My Older sister tell the whole story to the Park Ranger---Too bad, The Chinese family, when they see the Park Ranger, and they drive the rental car away.
Sir, I have 25% Chinese blood too, Both of my dear grand father from Mainland China---And I total Honor most of the Chinese People, Except the New Rich, Chinese People Now, They do not learn the good manner in the school.
Have a great Sunday.
Surapon

This year I went in October. I would guess that 90% of the tourist were Chinese. I have been told they are buying quit a bit of real estate around the park. Although I didn't count them myself, my friend who owns a cabin in West Yellowstone tells me there are now five Chinese Restaurants in that small town. Surapon is not making this up.

Although in general people are rude, it's not just the Chinese. I don't think they are any worse they just happen to be the majority.

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
kaswindell said:
Nice photos Mr. Surapon, I particularly like the sunsets. But you should have brought along a teenager to haul your gear. :)

It's OK to take the same "tourist" photos as other people, the only person that you have to please is yourself.

Thank you, Sir, dear friend Mr. kaswindell.
So far, I have vacation with my dear family--And walk as the group---Just point and shoot as I seethe good Views. Yes, If I go alone, That will be better for shoot early morning or sunset time---Not just bright sunshine----Ha, Ha, Ha.
Have a great Sunday , Sir.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
takesome1 said:
surapon said:
dilbert said:
surapon said:

Did you make that up?

Dear Friend Mr. dilbert.
Have a great Sunday.
Surapon

This year I went in October. I would guess that 90% of the tourist were Chinese. I have been told they are buying quit a bit of real estate around the park. Although I didn't count them myself, my friend who owns a cabin in West Yellowstone tells me there are now five Chinese Restaurants in that small town. Surapon is not making this up.

Although in general people are rude, it's not just the Chinese. I don't think they are any worse they just happen to be the majority.

Thanks you, Sir, dear friend Mr. takesome1
You are 120% right on the target----Most of the Rich Chinese People are the High rank / Corruption Government Officers. Yes, They make big money and invest in USA. such as buy the land and the buildings. Before that corrupted official get caught, They send their family to another country---and they do not care that they might get capital punishment--- and the jailer might sell the internal organs of the dead body to another country.
Yes, I have know this situation from Chinese friends for long time.
Have a great Sunday, Sir.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
dilbert said:
surapon said:
dilbert said:
surapon said:

Did you make that up?

Dear Friend Mr. dilbert.
No, That are the truth, I can swear to my Lord of Buddha---One time in the Glacier NP, One Chinese boy = 7-9 years old try to disturb the heard of deers, who come to eat grass near us, by shout and throw some small thing to the deer---and all deers run away.

It would appear that you went to Glacier NP without reading about bears and how to avoid close contact with bears. On trails the advice is never walk around a blind corner quietly. Make noise because bears will hear noise and disappear. You don't want to walk around a blind corner and come face to face with a grizzly eating berries. A noisy child is a like an amulet of bear protection because the bear will disappear when it can first hear the loud child.

Dear Friend Mr. dilbert.
Thank you again for your good Infor. I will read the Rule of Bear Protection in next trip. That why, During the trip to the Glacier NP, I saw one middle age lady have the 10-15 Tiny Bell around her Belly belt= Yhat might for scare the bears away---The First time I think , that decorative Belt---Now, From your great Infor, I know now---She is a super smart Lady.
Thank you, Sir.
Surapon.

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
dilbert said:
surapon said:
dilbert said:
surapon said:
Dear Friend Mr. dilbert.
No, That are the truth, I can swear to my Lord of Buddha---One time in the Glacier NP, One Chinese boy = 7-9 years old try to disturb the heard of deers, who come to eat grass near us, by shout and throw some small thing to the deer---and all deers run away.

It would appear that you went to Glacier NP without reading about bears and how to avoid close contact with bears. On trails the advice is never walk around a blind corner quietly. Make noise because bears will hear noise and disappear. You don't want to walk around a blind corner and come face to face with a grizzly eating berries. A noisy child is a like an amulet of bear protection because the bear will disappear when it can first hear the loud child.

Dear Friend Mr. dilbert.
Thank you again for your good Infor. I will read the Rule of Bear Protection in next trip. That why, During the trip to the Glacier NP, I saw one middle age lady have the 10-15 Tiny Bell around her Belly belt= Yhat might for scare the bears away---The First time I think , that decorative Belt---Now, From your great Infor, I know now---She is a super smart Lady.

Not "super smart", she just did her due diligence and did research on how to be safe in the wilderness. It is very obvious that you did no research on how to be safe in GNP. People like you make the news in often unexpected ways: bear attacked man or bison charged man, etc.

Places like Yellowstone, Yosemite and Glacier NP are not amusement parks. In wilderness areas your safety is at risk and is your personal responsibility.

Middle age lady with bells and no camera = careful woman
Middle age man with lots of expensive camera equipment = careless man

THANKS you, Sir dear Mr. dilbert.
I have learn the great tricks for traveling from you. Yes, Study before I go some where, and go as the big group of people. Yes, Sir- in the big city like New York, Chicago or Atlanta, in the early morning and in the dark of the night, I just carry Canon EOS-M with Kit Lens + small Tripods only, If I get Rob, I just give my equipment to them, but ask for only the memory card back---Ha, Ha, Ha.
Thank you, Sir.
Surapon

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
dilbert said:
surapon said:
I have learn the great tricks for traveling from you. Yes, Study before I go some where, and go as the big group of people. Yes, Sir- in the big city like New York, Chicago or Atlanta, in the early morning and in the dark of the night, I just carry Canon EOS-M with Kit Lens + small Tripods only, If I get Rob, I just give my equipment to them, but ask for only the memory card back---Ha, Ha, Ha.
Thank you, Sir.
Surapon

Stop patronizing me and please don't reply to this.

He isn't, and I am sure he will.

Surapon is a special member here, I am surprised you haven't come across him before though he has been away for a while. He is originally from Thailand and the Thai have a very different standard of social interaction that some in the West don't fully appreciate. I lived and worked in Thailand for a year and I very much appreciate Surapon posting here.

Upvote 0
surapon said:

You are very Lucky, that have a chance to hiking up there at Glacier NP. I wishes I could hike there and stay the night in the camp ----Ha, Ha, Ha , with 12 pieces of BEAR'S SPRAY CANS around my belt. Yes, Too crowded, with the Chinese tourists----Ha, Ha, Ha. They always talk too loud, until the rangers come to warn them. Yes, Sir, I will be back again.
Good night, Sir.
Surapon.

And try to take their selfies with the Bison and get skewered. We had to change our plans due to wildfires near St Mary. Instead of going to the sun road which was closed, we hiked in the Many Glacier area which was a good choice because Many Glacier has many grizzlies. Only saw moose at Many Glacier too. Didnt see any at teton or yellowstone. Will go back one of thse days and spend more time.

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
privatebydesign said:
dilbert said:
surapon said:
Thank you, Sir.
Surapon

Stop patronizing me and please don't reply to this.

He isn't, and I am sure he will.

Surapon is a special member here, I am surprised you haven't come across him before though he has been away for a while. He is originally from Thailand and the Thai have a very different standard of social interaction that some in the West don't fully appreciate. I lived and worked in Thailand for a year and I very much appreciate Surapon posting here.

Thousand Thanks, Sir, Dear friend Mr. privatebydesign.
Have a great Work week, Sir.
Surapon.

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
surapon said:

Good night, Sir.
Surapon.

And try to take their selfies with the Bison and get skewered. We had to change our plans due to wildfires near St Mary. Instead of going to the sun road which was closed, we hiked in the Many Glacier area which was a good choice because Many Glacier has many grizzlies. Only saw moose at Many Glacier too. Didnt see any at teton or yellowstone. Will go back one of thse days and spend more time.

Ha, Ha, Ha, Dear friend Mr. East Wind Photography.
No, Sir, My distant from the Bears and Bison = 1/4 miles, and ready to run and be saved in the big SUV. Yes, Sir, I see the Bear at yellow Stone ---And see a lot of people shoot the photo Photos of run away young small bear. AND I shoot the photographers---Ha, Ha, Ha.
Have a great Work Week, Sir.
Surapon

Attachments

• BBB-1.jpg
    BBB-1.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 257
  • BBB-2.jpg
    BBB-2.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 231
  • BBB-3.jpg
    BBB-3.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 246