Big Canon EOS R price drop, save up to $500 and still get the EF-RF adapter for free

Canon’s next iteration of an R and the pro version will likely have IBIS and new sensors. Then all of a sudden the Sony people will be jumping to Canon with better ergonomics. Canon will dominate the mirrorless market. Its just a matter of time. A short time at that.
I so wish that was true... But canon as of yet have constantly been divine indian givers with new features.. What Canon giveth with one hand Cannon taketh away away with the other.
So after 4 waves of this behavior I stopped holding my breath and hope against hope they finally give something not halfheartedly

Upvote 0

justaCanonuser

Grab your camera, go out and shoot!
Feb 12, 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
PS: I just tested it with my 1981 Apo Telyt 180mm, many old lenses still rock!:love:
I agree. One of my personal favorites is a Canon rangefinder 100mm f/2 Serenar lens from early 1960s with 13 (!) aperture blades, a wonderful piece of Japanese opto-mechanical artwork. I even use it for street shooting, it produces a beautiful bokeh and is quite sharp for such a vintage lens.

Upvote 0

justaCanonuser

Grab your camera, go out and shoot!
Feb 12, 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
Sorry having to say that, but I was also shocked by the sensor of my latest acquisition (5 D IV), it's simply excellent in terms of color rendition (vital for me) ,DR (!!!), and cropping ability, compared to my beloved undestructible 5 D III.
Still use my 5D III, too, it has now about 150.000 actuations, looks a bit battered but works flawlessly. And I really didn't caress it, I do a lot of wildlife photog with it (and a 7D2). Canon's mechanical quality seems to be too good for the rapid ageing of digital technology nowadays - speaking in general.

Upvote 0