Big discounts on Zeiss 135mm f/2 and 15mm f/2.8

May 12, 2011

NWPhil

one eye; one shot - multiple misses
Oct 4, 2011
Zeidora said:
The 15 has the fixed attached hood, so no possibility for ND grads. It has a 95 mm thread, so you can put pols and NDs on it, just no grads. The new Milvus has a regular bayonet hood, much preferred.

I have the 15 ZE fixed hood, great lens, but have been toying with the idea of an upgrade because of the fixed hood. Hmmm ...

you might want to consider sending it to Zeiss and get the hood removed - not exactly cheap , but then you can get the milvus hood, which is not cheap either.
In the end, you have to consider the love for the lens and the cost to upgrade.....

Upvote 0
Feb 15, 2015
NWPhil said:
Zeidora said:
The 15 has the fixed attached hood, so no possibility for ND grads. It has a 95 mm thread, so you can put pols and NDs on it, just no grads. The new Milvus has a regular bayonet hood, much preferred.

I have the 15 ZE fixed hood, great lens, but have been toying with the idea of an upgrade because of the fixed hood. Hmmm ...

you might want to consider sending it to Zeiss and get the hood removed - not exactly cheap , but then you can get the milvus hood, which is not cheap either.
In the end, you have to consider the love for the lens and the cost to upgrade.....

I know there was the option of having the hood removed. There was a downside to it. I think they did not have any hood option then. Not ideal either. It's not a heavy use lens to begin with, so a bit hard to justify the upgrade.

Upvote 0