Bingo! New Canon 5Ds has 50.6 MP new rumored specs

bholliman said:
+1 People buying hi-megapixal bodies would primarily be using them for landscape or product photography, where they will normally be shooting on a tripod at the lowest possible ISO.

Why on earth do you expect that?

The leaked camera specs points to a far more flexible camera body than the current 5DIII which is used for a very wide range of situations only being hampered by its relatively low fps.

So just as the D810 is being used for everything - including sports, wildlife, macro, astro, fashion etc. etc. - so we should expect this camera will used by all photographers that want to be able to do more with their camera. Especially, if the new Canon gains fps just as the Nikon D810 does when shooting in crop mode (up to 7 fps) allowing it to excel at action and sports. Here I hope for 8-10 fps in crop mode (time will tell).

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
dilbert said:
scyrene said:
lintoni said:
dilbert said:
So a 30MP 1.3x mode and a 20MP 1.6x mode.

Comes packed with "extra reach" for birders :p

This is also the first time a Canon DSLR has had an intervalometer.
7D2?

I was gonna say...

Was never interested in the 7D2 so I've not looked at its spec list.

Then perhaps you should avoid making blanket statements like that out of ignorance…

Upvote 0
dilbert said:
scyrene said:
lintoni said:
dilbert said:
So a 30MP 1.3x mode and a 20MP 1.6x mode.

Comes packed with "extra reach" for birders :p

This is also the first time a Canon DSLR has had an intervalometer.
7D2?

I was gonna say...

Was never interested in the 7D2 so I've not looked at its spec list.

That explains why you were incorrect, but if your attitude is 'I make statements even knowing there are huge gaps in my knowledge', no wonder your pronouncements are so often at odds with other people's.

Upvote 0
Maiaibing said:
bholliman said:
+1 People buying hi-megapixal bodies would primarily be using them for landscape or product photography, where they will normally be shooting on a tripod at the lowest possible ISO.

Why on earth do you expect that?

The leaked camera specs points to a far more flexible camera body than the current 5DIII which is used for a very wide range of situations only being hampered by its relatively low fps.

So just as the D810 is being used for everything - including sports, wildlife, macro, astro, fashion etc. etc. - so we should expect this camera will used by all photographers that want to be able to do more with their camera. Especially, if the new Canon gains fps just as the Nikon D810 does when shooting in crop mode (up to 7 fps) allowing it to excel at action and sports. Here I hope for 8-10 fps in crop mode (time will tell).

I have to say I look forward to more megapixels for extra cropping of wildlife shots, although I don't know how tiny a minority I'm in.

Upvote 0
Maiaibing said:
adhocphotographer said:
Hmmmm... 5 fps... I do a lot of wildlife as well as everything else... 5fps is not quite there.... 6 is ok...

You should expect to be able to shot 30 mpix @8 fps and 20 mpix @ 10 fps using the crop modes. This is what they are made for.

SOLD! :D hmmmm better start sweet talking my wife! :p

Upvote 0
Iso 6.400...

robin-williams-what-year-is-it-meme.jpg

Upvote 0
It could I spose be that ISO 6400 is the maximum "non boost" value, Canon do often differentiate between that and the actual maximum.

Honestly as a high resolution body though I think you could argue that the most important unknown would be whether it offers a native ISO 50 with superior noise/DR performance.

Price will likely be key as well given that the current 5D sells for about the same as the D810 you would expect it will be significantly higher. Honestly I think its tricky to tell just how price sensitive this market is, the really high cost double grip bodies like the D3x and 1Ds mk3 didn't do very well but you could argue that Canon do have lenses like the 17/24mm TS-E's, the 24-70mm F/2.8, the 85mm 1.2 , the MP-E 65mm and the new 11-24mm F/4 that target a high end resolution market and aren't cheap themselves

Upvote 0