BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Alan.
I’m pleased to hear that, what would a photography holiday be without camera gear! ;) Clothes meh!
Have fun, be safe, have fun and I look forwards to your return so I can experience Tanzania vicariously through your images! :oops::)

Cheers, Graham.

Jack Douglas

https://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/profile/64
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Alan, don't just post photos; add observations on all aspects of this venture, particularly relative to how you deal with the gear both on and off planes. If you don't mind.:)

I'll soon be having to make similar decisions relative to visiting England and probably then Europe. Also, possibly central and S America and I kind of fear having expensive gear in my possession. ;) My previous travels have typically been North America with truck or motorhome, which is quite different.

Jack

AlanF

EOS 5DS R
Aug 16, 2012
Alan, don't just post photos; add observations on all aspects of this venture, particularly relative to how you deal with the gear both on and off planes. If you don't mind.:)

I'll soon be having to make similar decisions relative to visiting England and probably then Europe. Also, possibly central and S America and I kind of fear having expensive gear in my possession. ;) My previous travels have typically been North America with truck or motorhome, which is quite different.

Jack
Only occasional internet access over very slow and intermittent lines. Will report back in 2 weeks. Incredible shots so far from 12h a day birding.

Nat_WA

Thinking of a new line... Ow, that hurts
Aug 15, 2017
Netherlands
The short eared Owls are back for the winter at my local patch, and I put together this sequence shot of one hunting. The owl is not visible in the grass in the fifth shot in the series (5DIV + EF600F4MII + 1.4x)
@BobG - Excellent sequence / series! From the second position (from the right) onward you can really see how the owl is focused on a fixed spot on the ground... Did you have the camera 'fixed' on a tripod, or were you moving / panning with it? (Background appears as one - so you can't have moved / shaken a lot between shots :unsure: - that or your PP-skills are way better than mine ;))
Wiebe.

Click

Spends too much time on this forum
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
The short eared Owls are back for the winter at my local patch, and I put together this sequence shot of one hunting. The owl is not visible in the grass in the fifth shot in the series (5DIV + EF600F4MII + 1.4x)
Well done, Bob.

@BobG - Excellent sequence / series! From the second position (from the right) onward you can really see how the owl is focused on a fixed spot on the ground... Did you have the camera 'fixed' on a tripod, or were you moving / panning with it? (Background appears as one - so you can't have moved / shaken a lot between shots :unsure: - that or your PP-skills are way better than mine ;))
Wiebe.
Wimberley gimbal head on fixed tripod. I was panning between shots keeping the owl as centred as possible