BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

AlanF

Canon 5DSR II
Aug 16, 2012
Out today for dragonflies in flight and suddenly a bird in flight appeared. Not only did I not have the extender on the 100-400mm, but I had the lens at 360mm by mistake. Nevertheless, the 5DSR didn't let me down and I got some shots of a kestrel flying rather than the easy hovering ones.

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
If a flightless bird like an ostrich or kiwi was pictured with both feet off the ground, would we have to reclassify them? We need to get some top philosophers into CR to help us out.
Somehow that sounds academic and pedantic and therefore typical German. I feel like home ;) :p

OTOH do you like the photo and do you think it is right here or sould I remove it?

AlanF

Canon 5DSR II
Aug 16, 2012
Somehow that sounds academic and pedantic and therefore typical German. I feel like home ;):p

OTOH do you like the photo and do you think it is right here or sould I remove it?
Actually, I agree with Jack Douglas and think we should merge the two threads.

AlanF

Canon 5DSR II
Aug 16, 2012
Great shot - it inspires me to post one of my wife's from nearby on the inner Farne last month using the same gear but without the TC, which was in the pipeline to post. (Actually, I think yours must also have been without the TC if was f/5.6.)

AlanF

Canon 5DSR II
Aug 16, 2012
Thanks Aan,
Yes your right I will correct the post
I just love the 5DSR with the 100-400mm II. It's capable enough to get birds in flight shots like these at high resolution at a high keeper rate.

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Actually, I agree with Jack Douglas and think we should merge the two threads.
I think we should keep them separated. Because of the many posts in both the outstanding photos are so fast on the former page.

Concerning my starting seagull: I saw so many starting and landing birds in this thread, that I had the understanding, that this was part of this section (BIF), too.