BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
It's finally happened. Us over-70s are now grounded by the government. Our trip to Peru was cancelled by the organisers this afternoon. I have taken a refund rather than a postponement for obvious reasons. The local birds are now going to be the targets - we will be allowed out for walks. Here is a black-headed gull this morning.

DSC_6674Blackheadedgull_NN.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
It's finally happened. Us over-70s are now grounded by the government. Our trip to Peru was cancelled by the organisers this afternoon. I have taken a refund rather than a postponement for obvious reasons. The local birds are now going to be the targets - we will be allowed out for walks. Here is a black-headed gull this morning.

View attachment 189247
Alan my wife was born in Peru and we've been over there some years back. What an experience everywhere but especially Machu Pichu but when you go be sure to watch your valuables. I'd love to go back but not sure it'll happen. I had the F1 camera back then and a video camera - no wildlife was shot at all.

Jack

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I'm not the biggest fan of clipping wings but the shots of the female Osprey bringing fresh nesting material back with both wings fully in the frame just seemed 'small'. Since I had kept shooting her as she passed by, I decided to use this one to emphasis just how wide the wingspan is while also keeping the nesting material relevant.
SDR75006-X3.jpg

1 DX MK II : 600 f/4 II w/ 1.4X III 1/3200 : f/7.1 : ISO 1000

Reactions: 9 users
Upvote 0