BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Mario said:
Click said:
Awesome shots. 8) Well done bichex.

Awesome shots indeed. The owl is my favorite !

Mario

Seconded Mario but I really like your red kite too! Any hints on good places near the M1, I regularly drive up there to Luton from the South Coast. Knowing some good places maybe to take some photos too would be a good way to break up the day . . .

Upvote 0
fragilesi said:
Mario said:
Click said:

Mario

Seconded Mario but I really like your red kite too! Any hints on good places near the M1, I regularly drive up there to Luton from the South Coast. Knowing some good places maybe to take some photos too would be a good way to break up the day . . .

In the past I drove a few times from Dover (I live in Flanders (Belgium), so I take the ferry from Dunkerque to Dover) to the Derbyshire region. I was surprise to see this many red kites flying over the motorway (I don't see them often in Flanders). But I never stopped to take pictures. Last september I went to Wales specifically for taking pictures of red kites (after a first stop in Richmond Park for red deer). I was close to the Brecon Beacons, and took many pictures at Gigrin Farm.

Hope this helps.

Mario

Upvote 0
Mario said:
fragilesi said:
Mario said:
Click said:

Mario

In the past I drove a few times from Dover (I live in Flanders (Belgium), so I take the ferry from Dunkerque to Dover) to the Derbyshire region. I was surprise to see this many red kites flying over the motorway (I don't see them often in Flanders). But I never stopped to take pictures. Last september I went to Wales specifically for taking pictures of red kites (after a first stop in Richmond Park for red deer). I was close to the Brecon Beacons, and took many pictures at Gigrin Farm.

Hope this helps.

Mario

Thanks Mario, you put me to shame, I still haven't done Richmond Park!

I'm told, not sure how true it is, that the Red Kites can often be found near major motorways, especially junctions as they create thermals that they can use. It sounded a reasonable theory when I heard it but I certainly couldn't vouch for it. As your picture proves though they are fabulous animals for photography.

Upvote 0