BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

TheJock said:
2n10 said:
Black-billed Magpie
A very common bird in the UK, but the stunning iridescence is brilliantly caught in this photo, nice one ;)

Yes, I'm guessing the conditions were perhaps dull as I normally get an effect more like an oily film from them when I've taken one. This shows they do have some real gloss!

Upvote 0

2n10

CR Pro
Aug 25, 2012
Sparks, NV
fragilesi said:
TheJock said:
2n10 said:
Black-billed Magpie
A very common bird in the UK, but the stunning iridescence is brilliantly caught in this photo, nice one ;)

Yes, I'm guessing the conditions were perhaps dull as I normally get an effect more like an oily film from them when I've taken one. This shows they do have some real gloss!
Thank you TheJock, they are quite common in my area also.

fragilesi it was full overcast which lent itself quite nicely to getting the non-oily look. I agree they have an oily look in full sunlight.

Upvote 0
2n10 said:
fragilesi said:
TheJock said:
2n10 said:
Black-billed Magpie

Thank you TheJock, they are quite common in my area also.

fragilesi it was full overcast which lent itself quite nicely to getting the non-oily look. I agree they have an oily look in full sunlight.

Thanks it's not just me then!

Upvote 0
Dylan777 said:
fragilesi said:
The patient angler . . .
Great capture fragilesi - awesome :)

Thanks, though as I explained before he is the perfect model and hovers within a few yards of me (well he used to) so it wasn't so hard to get shots of him. I really hope the terns come back this year. I need to check.

Upvote 0

rbielefeld

CR Pro
Apr 22, 2015
Hello all, my first post to the BIF thread. Some great shots here on this thread, I hope I can keep up.

Attachments

• CACA flight with duck egg wings down 1200ncr.jpg
    CACA flight with duck egg wings down 1200ncr.jpg
    435.2 KB · Views: 159
  • Belted Kingfisher male in flight wings down 1200cr.jpg
    Belted Kingfisher male in flight wings down 1200cr.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 170
  • Roseate spoonbill landing head on vdark BG 1200cr.jpg
    Roseate spoonbill landing head on vdark BG 1200cr.jpg
    669.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Snail kite male looking at snail in flight 1200cr.jpg
    Snail kite male looking at snail in flight 1200cr.jpg