BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Wiebe, nice shots! And much more important - I think you have had great time/fun (but it's why we go on vacations anyway)!

Thanks ISv, indeed I (we, with wife and daughter) had a very good time there. Suriname wouldn't have popped up as destination of choice had it not been for my daughter doing her internship there for 4 months - but having this incentive of visiting her and enjoying holiday at the same time has turned out very nicely indeed :)

As I couldn't resist - a last one; Swallow-tailed Kite
Su-9418s.jpg
Wiebe.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Beautiful pictures, Braintoggle33. I especially like the first one. Well done.
0057.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Wiebe, you are having a really great time. Some wonderful shots!
Thanks Alan; indeed I had a great time - especially in Bigipan (western edge of Suriname).

But in terms of 'wonderful shots' I have to commend:
A Snowy Egret in action. Parker River in Newburyport Massachusetts
@Braintoggle33 / Charles
Especially the first one "in Flight" is excellent!

Wiebe.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I was trying to locate a perched cuckoo a earlier this summer from its call, but with no luck. But, I got a shot of a small bird going like a rocket, and what did I discover back home, a flying cuckoo. It was at the extreme limits of detection. I had the 400mm DO II + 2xTC on the 5DIV, and the bird is only 500 px long. The camera locked on, and I got something for the record. Nothing brilliant.cuckoo_flying_2B4A9448-DxO_best.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Very nice picture Douglas, excellent sharpness of the bird ( - and that with some ancient gear ;) - I'm guessing you replaced some of it by now...)

Wiebe.

The 7D has been gone for a couple of years. I replaced it with the Mark II iteration. I still have the 300 f/4. I seldom use it anymore since I have the 70-300 which is more versatile. The 300 is a very sharp lens. It works well with the extender. I'm loathe to replace it, but it may be on the way to other parts soon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What’s th
What is the difference between franklins and black headed gull?

Without regard it is my favorite gull or pair of gulls...

We don't have black-headed gulls here. The only other gull of similar appearance here would be Bonaparte's gull. It has a dark bill and lacks the white patches on the end of the primaries that you see in the picture I posted.

Upvote 0
Thanks Alan; indeed I had a great time - especially in Bigipan (western edge of Suriname).

But in terms of 'wonderful shots' I have to commend:

@Braintoggle33 / Charles
Especially the first one "in Flight" is excellent!

Wiebe.

Thanks very much Wiebe, I am brand new here so I am not even sure where this reply with end up :)

Upvote 0