BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

:) Thanks Click, Mikehit, Talys!
With some more time to post-process, I'll post some more but these stood out being different from the more 'static' BiF shots. Unfortunately many of the more interesting birds kept their distance so I could not get nice close-ups :(. Anyhow, a nice day on the water, with only a small drop of rain and quite a few sunny moments :)
Another swan while taking off:
Biesbosch20180908-2505.jpg
... they take their time running on the water to assist at take off ;)
Wiebe.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
The panned, slower shutter speed take-offs give a more dynamic feeling than this one with fast shutter...
Let me know your thoughts!
View attachment 180362
Wiebe.

I prefer this one. The picture is more dynamic indeed.
smile.png

And for the Osprey, you didn't have nice lighting condition. It's very difficult to get a nice picture in that kind of lighting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I recently had the opportunity to try out my BIF skills at a falconry.
Some of my tries in BIF of a Red Kite (Milvus milvus).

Very nice shots Maximilian, I especially like the last of this (first) set - bird is detailed very well while the blue 'ribbons' on his talons are masked a bit
Wiebe.

Upvote 0
I prefer this one. The picture is more dynamic indeed.
smile.png

And for the Osprey, you didn't have nice lighting condition. It's very difficult to get a nice picture in that kind of lighting.

Thanks Click, you're too kind ;). Sky was overcast but not too badly, but there is indeed a lot of contrast between bird and background - sky.
Another one under comparable circumstances; White-tailed Eagle:
Biesbosch20180908-2278.jpg
Wiebe.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Thanks Click, you're too kind ;). Sky was overcast but not too badly, but there is indeed a lot of contrast between bird and background - sky.
Another one under comparable circumstances; White-tailed Eagle:

Wiebe.

smile.png

This picture is sharper, we can see more of the bird's details .

Last edited:
Upvote 0