BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Another random shot from the Galapagos last year. This time one of the many Frigate birds that follow the boat around. Often so close that you couldn't fit them in the frame at 70mm

Is the sea really that blue? I can't wait to get there next month and see for myself!

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Gull (not sure if it's a herring gull or a yellow-legged gull) up close and personal
View attachment 185593

7DmkII, S 60-600mm at 500mm f/8.0
W.
If you are asking for help with an ID, it really helps to know what part of the world the shot is from and what the local habitat is.

There are about a dozen gull species that it might be.....

On a more important not, NICE SHOT!

Upvote 0
If you are asking for help with an ID, it really helps to know what part of the world the shot is from and what the local habitat is.

There are about a dozen gull species that it might be.....

On a more important not, NICE SHOT!
:rolleyes: I wasn't really asking for an ID... yet location was just off the coast of the dutch naval base harbour of Den Helder.
The fact that I'm not sure is more about abundance and appearance - herring gull is abundant while the yellow-legged is rare, however several sightings were made around the time and for my untrained eyes the legs were "too yellow" for the herring gull. So now you have the full story ;).
Oh and thanks for your kind words...!
W.

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2018
I shooted this when was looking bugs. Shooted with focus stacking ,well at least he didnt heard shutter :p Cant be fun to be eagle ,always someone screaming to ear.
Would be nice if you could adjust enable disable focus stacking to af on button.
This is singe shot ,not actually stacked but got no time change stacking off.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
I shooted this when was looking bugs. Shooted with focus stacking ,well at least he didnt heard shutter :p Cant be fun to be eagle ,always someone screaming to ear.
Would be nice if you could adjust enable disable focus stacking to af on button.

That's the life of a raptor ;), always other birds trying to chase you away from their young ...
Crow in a dog fight with a buzzard:
7DmkII, 100-400mm II at 400mm, f/8.0 (no focus stacking :p)
W.

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0