Black & White

B

briansquibb

From a group of photos for Great Expectations in the style of the 1947 film

R

RedEye

Has anyone converted their camera to B&W only and realized any benefits from doing this?

candyman

EOR R
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
I believe there is no difference using B&W in camera to post-processing into B&W rather than the advantage of being able to see on the spot if the lighting is good/interesting when using B&W in camera. By using B&W in camera you can correct your shot at site if lighting is not to your satisfactory

Hampshire

I'm New Here
Feb 20, 2012
MazV-L said:
My attempts at landscape in infra-red
I really like the second IR! :) Cool!

I happen to be in to B&W for the moment.. It´s fascinating and I would really like to get better at it.

Tried to upload som pics here but had some problem's, do you all link your pics from flickr etc?
Well, well, you can find some of my B&W's here.
http://finafisken.tumblr.com/

M

MazV-L

Hampshire said:
MazV-L said:

I happen to be in to B&W for the moment.. It´s fascinating and I would really like to get better at it.

Tried to upload som pics here but had some problem's, do you all link your pics from flickr etc?
I download my images from my computer files, this is how I do it: first make copy of image, then re-size or compress then click "reply" on the forum then "attachments and other options" then "browse" find your compressed/re-sized image in the box/window that opens on your screen, click "open" then "Post" and it should work.
BTW I had a quick look at your link, street photography 8) 8) 8)

Hampshire

I'm New Here
Feb 20, 2012
MazV-L said:
Hampshire said:
MazV-L said:

I download my images from my computer files, this is how I do it: first make copy of image, then re-size or compress then click "reply" on the forum then "attachments and other options" then "browse" find your compressed/re-sized image in the box/window that opens on your screen, click "open" then "Post" and it should work.
BTW I had a quick look at your link, street photography 8) 8) 8)
Perfect, thx MazV-L!

And I got a winter tree as well, sorry for the annoying angle.. :p

Attachments

Reactions: vojce arsovski
B

briansquibb

scrappydog said:
briansquibb said:
Dickens character
Great shot! What is your post-production process to create the aged look?
This was aged using Nik silver eFex pro

Of course the hardest part is the pre planning both of the location and the lighting.

S

SnappyJohn

This is a shoot I took of my neice whilst I was teaching her how to use a digital SLR camera. She is currently studying AS level photography in the UK college and for a her first project was testing black and white photograpgy. She needed to get some large prints made of the photographs and we used this site. they came out fantastic and it was cheaper than renting a dark room out and doing it that way.

Attachments

Reactions: vojce arsovski