Black & White

Interesting to see the posts here, where the images primarily are non-Canon.

Over the last year I have primarily been using my Leica M10 and the Hasselblad H6D. The main reason is probably that most of my shooting has been slow and often on a tripod. The Leica gear is great for the reasons Pookie points out and also for size. I have a small leather shoulder bag, which holds body and five lenses (21, 28, 35, 50, 75) and is very convenient for travel.

However, when things are moving and I need a proper AF system, I prefer my Canon gear. The last lens I procured was the 85/1.4L IS and I have noe new additions planned, except for a 600 f4 DO, when/if it comes out.

To follow up on Pookie´s pool shot, this one was shot by a pool in Provence, with the Leica and 35/1.4 Summilux.

Attachments

• L1003039.jpg
    L1003039.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 72
Upvote 0
Eldar said:
Interesting to see the posts here, where the images primarily are non-Canon.

Over the last year I have primarily been using my Leica M10 and the Hasselblad H6D. The main reason is probably that most of my shooting has been slow and often on a tripod. The Leica gear is great for the reasons Pookie points out and also for size. I have a small leather shoulder bag, which holds body and five lenses (21, 28, 35, 50, 75) and is very convenient for travel.

However, when things are moving and I need a proper AF system, I prefer my Canon gear. The last lens I procured was the 85/1.4L IS and I have noe new additions planned, except for a 600 f4 DO, when/if it comes out.

To follow up on Pookie´s pool shot, this one was shot by a pool in Provence, with the Leica and 35/1.4 Summilux.

Interesting that you think proper focusing is Canon... as a longtime Leica person I now find shooting with 50mm or below to be faster than Canons. And I chase my 6 and 4 year old with my Leicas all the time, never miss a shot. They are more erratic than players on the pitch. It's all possible primarily due to zone focusing, especially with that Summilux your using. A stellar lens.

The side to this posts here is that I only post scanned images with a 5DSr or a Canon 9000 scanner... so really Canon images ;)

The Rollei on the other hand is definitely not a run-n-gun machine... mainly portraits.

"Scanned" with a 5DSr

Upvote 0