Black & White

jolyonralph

Game Boy Camera
CR Pro
Aug 25, 2015
London, UK
www.everyothershot.com
Taken with EOS M3 converted to full spectrum, with EF-M 11-22 f/4-5.6 IS STM at 22mm and 720nm IR filter, 1/125 sec f/8 ISO 100.

Photo taken about a month ago on the beach at Cuckmere Haven, England. I love doing Infrared shoots like this!IMG_0838-Edit-cens.jpg

ps. Sorry about the censorship :)

Yes, I had to wade out into the water to take the shot. The light M3 really shines for stuff like this.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Here is a VERY early effort on my concert shots....I must confess, most of my B&W efforts have been on concert shots that happened to have lots of bad lighting (red and blue, etc)....and often if I can't do anything with them in color, I try them in B&W, often with nice results.

This was VERY early after I got my first DSLR (the 5D3 when it came out)....and just learning LR then...but I liked the shot and I like Keb Mo.

Seems an appropriate tx for a blues singer.....

cayenne2012_10_BluesFest_2012_125.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
I am suddenly a soccer dad... time to break out the 70-200.
Leica M4 w/ Summicron 35mm f/2
Ilford FP4+ EI 65
Nice shot! After a decade of soccer, my son is off to college and i'm sitting here with all this photo gear that I used for soccer wondering what to shoot with it going forward! The kids and the games were great and I miss them, they grow up fast...

Upvote 0
Nice shot! After a decade of soccer, my son is off to college and i'm sitting here with all this photo gear that I used for soccer wondering what to shoot with it going forward! The kids and the games were great and I miss them, they grow up fast...

I'm sure you'll do ok for a bit until the grandchildren show up :)

Yes, they do grow fast... I've had my kids later in life. I think I can appreciate it much more than at 20 or so. I am now perfectly content with being there only for them... as a photographer it is my number one job these days. I spent so many years photographing other families and students that I think I might be a good fit for the job ;).

Anyways, here is another from my "other" job as family photographer. These days I have a lot of glass that is the same focal lengths 35 and 50... different manufactures and design. I've come to appreciate older glass and I'm really shying away from Canon unless working. Most of the time I like legacy glass, matched to the body. Leica V2 or V1 of Summicron or lux. Unless shooting the M10 then ASPH. For analog though and most of my family work is with analog Leica's, I'll take a 35 V2 99% of the time. I love the look.

Leica M3 w/ Summicron 35mm V2
Adox Silvermax
"scanned" with a 5DSr

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0