Black & White

beforeEos Camaras

love to take photos.
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2014
Why? They are still available and film cameras are fairly cheap these days unless you go crazy with an iconic model? Developing is super cheap for BW and almost as cheap for C41/E6 if you do it at home...
very true I still have a ftb-n and a ae 1 program primes 28 50 85 135 all canon also a omega enlarger with a 50mm 2.8 fujinon lens in storage. I don't have the room to set the darkroom I used to print 14 x 11 or bigger in b&w

Upvote 0
very true I still have a ftb-n and a ae 1 program primes 28 50 85 135 all canon also a omega enlarger with a 50mm 2.8 fujinon lens in storage. I don't have the room to set the darkroom I used to print 14 x 11 or bigger in b&w

Well, printing is an entirely different animal. I have a darkroom and enlarger for times when I feel I want to print but these days it doesn't happen as much as I'd like. Developing film and scanning is far more accessible on a daily basis. I can develop rolls of BW or color pretty easily in significant quantities that it quite economical. 100ft rolls of TriX or any Ilford makes that a no brainier cost wise.

I am no digital Luddite though and as many here might know I shoot tons of digital for work. For my everyday personal shooting though it's mainly film 99% of the time, as I enjoy the process and the images I get I know I crafted. Film slowed me down and let me enjoy shooting again like when I was 20. Nothing beats carrying my 69' M4 BP with a nice wide angel and some great BW film... as I'm sure you're also aware, when shooting film every shot counts and that does make all the difference for me in my process. I also love the form factor of no electronics, no batteries, no giant DSLR dangling... for people work in everyday life no one seems to think much of the little black Leica. That is a huge bonus when out hunting for life.

Regardless, enjoying your images !!!

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Very nice pictures. I especially like the lobsterman's hut and traps.
0057.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
A couple of shots of the crypt under Lastingham church in the north of England. It is reckoned to be the oldest complete crypt in England, and was built in 1078 using materials that had been recycled from an even older Saxon church dating from around AD670. In the pictures the columns are re-used Saxon.

Three vertical frame panoramics, 5DS and EF 28/2.8 IS lens.

Attachments

• _MGL1126-Pano-B&W-1000.jpg
    _MGL1126-Pano-B&W-1000.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 109
  • _MGL1120-Pano B&W-1000.jpg
    _MGL1120-Pano B&W-1000.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 111
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0