Black & White

A couple of shots of the crypt under Lastingham church in the north of England. It is reckoned to be the oldest complete crypt in England, and was built in 1078 using materials that had been recycled from an even older Saxon church dating from around AD670. In the pictures the columns are re-used Saxon.

Three vertical frame panoramics, 5DS and EF 28/2.8 IS lens.
Gives a new meaning to recycling...beautiful shots. Thanks for sharing it's not often one gets to see such unique places!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
These are Fuji files. I use both Canon and Fuji cameras. Generally I prefer the Canons. I'm trying out the Capture One Express for Fuji RAW converter that was issued a week or so ago. It works pretty well.

1. Passenger ferry: Victoria to Vancouver and the reverse, of course
2. Rock and fence: I was interested in the shadow and highlight recovery here. I'm impressed with the software.V2V Express passenger ferry.jpgFence and rocks by Pacific Ocean, Vancouver Island.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
P

Pookie

What you been smoking Pookie ? :eek::eek: If you think that image stands up to modern digital I want some !!
Looks like that was taken on a Nikon D5 at 3,000,000 ISO

Funny you just compared a camera, all mechanical from 55' to a camera from 2016... pretty much makes my point. Now add 61 years to that D5 and see which camera is still taking pictures, the 55' Leica or the D5.

When your battery dies, or your firmware goes south or your board gets fried or gets a little too much dust... look over your shoulder and that Leica, all mechanical will still be taking pics ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
here is william, cute i know but cunning

So cute.
smile.png

Another very nice picture, Rodney.

Upvote 0