Bracketing feature request. Or did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjd

Aug 29, 2011
Hi,
I brought back 30GB of pics from 2 weeks holiday in the UK. Many were bracketed shots. Its been a pain in LR to sort them out into groups containing the different exposures for a single "scene". I know LR can stack them according to time, I wasn't too taken with that feature. But I will admit that I am new to LR so still learning.
In the end I used the time stamp and looking at the shot to identify them.

So anyone have any tips about how to organize bracketed shots?

Would it help if the Camera would name the files so that it would be clear from the file name which shots belong together? BTW. using a 5DIII.

Opinions.

Cheers Brian

Another possible method works well IF you usually shoot the same number of frames in your brackets...in Library view set the number of Thumbnail images to either 1x or 2x the number of frames in the usual bracket. Then when you view your frames the sequences will line up on the same line.
This also works very well if you also use Neuro's suggestion - just use 5 Thumbnails if you shoot 3 frames per bracket or 7 Thumbnails if you shoot 5 frames per bracket and you'll see the 1 finger shots on the left and the 2 finger shots on the right with the bracketed shots in between.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.