Breaking down the latest Canon gear to appear for certification

Oct 26, 2013
No info on replacements for the 6D2 and 5D4? Disappointing... the 6D2 was obsolete when it came out.

No offence intended, but this is the usual BS reply from a troll. Hope you're not one.

P.S. Almost everyone who has a 6D II loves it. Their opinions count more than the internet trolls who only look at specs.

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

Talys

Canon R5
CR Pro
Feb 16, 2017
Vancouver, BC
No offence intended, but this is the usual BS reply from a troll. Hope you're not one.

P.S. Almost everyone who has a 6D II loves it. Their opinions count more than the internet trolls who only look at specs.

Didn't you get the memo? It's not about people buying a camera and being happy with it... what really counts is the people who won't ever buy the camera not being unhappy with the spec sheet :D

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Jan 12, 2011
Canon is probably going to milk that 24Mpix crop sensor architecture for a while. But I'd expect somewhat improved fps in return, beyond the slight improvement seen in the M50.

I thought this might be plausible as well, but that would be an unprecedented resolution for an APS-C sensor. I don't think there are crop sensors exceeding 24MP currently generally available. Personally I'd prefer improved fps over improved resolution in a 80D successor.

The Fuji X-T3 with 26.1MP sensor will be available this week.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jan 12, 2011

I mean, at least he was given the benefit of the doubt in not being a troll- usually, that's the conclusion everyone jumps to around here.

Upvote 0
APS-C or FF , may I ask ?

The 30D is APS-C. If the K437 turns out to be the 90D (APS-C as well), then I'll break down and add it to my bag. I was using the antiquated 30D and 5D when I first jumped into photography. Then I upgraded to the 6D II last year, but I've always wanted the extra reach a high-res APS-C crop offered. I've been toying with the idea of getting an 80D for some time, but I'll wait for a 32MP 90D if it's announced soon.

Upvote 0

Sibir Lupus

EOS M6 Mark II + EOS M200
Feb 4, 2015
Happy to see an M6 Mark II and M5 Mark II on this list :). I know the M line has been in question after the EOS R's announcement, so this is a sign of relief at least for now. Seeing as the M100 is only about a year old, we probably won't be seeing an M200 on a certification list until sometime in the second half of next year.

Upvote 0

jolyonralph

Game Boy Camera
CR Pro
Aug 25, 2015
London, UK
www.everyothershot.com
Why two replacements (K435/K436) for the 77D?

Different colors?

Mostl likely is that K437 is the 90D, and K435/K436 are the 78D and 850D respectively.

Although I am somewhat amusing myself, but noone else, in thinking that as the 77D followed the 760D, the next in that sequence should be the 7.8D :)

Upvote 0

jolyonralph

Game Boy Camera
CR Pro
Aug 25, 2015
London, UK
www.everyothershot.com
It definitely is. I don't expect 26 mpx FF mirrorless camera to be entry FF line - 6D. Just look at the Canon 1DXII and Sony A9.

Unless there's a real shock coming I don't think Canon are able to compete with the A9 yet. No IBIS, sensor tech not yet close. Canon have some advantages, especially when it comes to DPAF, but I think an A9 or 1DX class mirrorless is a long way off..

Upvote 0

josephandrews222

Square Sensors + AI = Better Images
Jul 12, 2013
Midwest United States
Happy to see an M6 Mark II and M5 Mark II on this list :). I know the M line has been in question after the EOS R's announcement, so this is a sign of relief at least for now. Seeing as the M100 is only about a year old, we probably won't be seeing an M200 on a certification list until sometime in the second half of next year.

I expect Canon to grow the M series of bodies (and lenses, although not as much...) for many many years.

The Canon future is M for small-and-light APS-C shooters...and R for those who simply must have full frame (professionals and those who want to shoot like professionals!).

I am interested to see the G9X III on the list.

I still own a fully-functional S95; this tiny little body served us very very well.

I looked...and looked...and studied some more, when the G9X I (and II) came on the market.

I decided against purchasing both...with the tiny M2 + 22mm lens often in my hands, I find myself using the S95 less and less...

But here's the key, too.

For people/vacation-type pictures that do not require a flash, it turns out that the camera on the Apple 6s is...tremendous!

So there's another comparison for me to make, when deciding on the G9X III...vs the iPhone as well as a tiny M. For me, I'll be looking at how 'quick' and 'responsive' the G9X III seems...I was not impressed with the II's responsiveness, and I wasn't all that satisfied with what I saw from the 1" sensor inside of it, either. But I'm hopeful that the III will surprise me, in a good way.

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2018
waiting for a mirrorless camera worth attaching the RF 50mm f1.2 and RF 28-70mm F2.0 too.

will not buy the 28-70mm but i sure be interested in the 50mm f1.2.

and i want to use that adapter with the ND filter with my TS-E 17mm.

but not on the EOS R or a 26MP body.

something fast and around 40-45MP... until then i stick to my trusty 5D MK4

Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
I expect Canon to grow the M series of bodies (and lenses, although not as much...) for many many years.

The Canon future is M for small-and-light APS-C shooters...and R for those who simply must have full frame (professionals and those who want to shoot like professionals!).

Right. Small, inexpensive, APS-C is their bread and butter. With probably a hundred crop bodies sold for every FF, Canon wouldn't exist long as a company without those. The R being a bulky mount with expensive lenses, I don't think we're going to see consumer-level R bodies any time soon.

Upvote 0

brad-man

Semi-Reactive Member
Jun 6, 2012
S Florida
I think the release of the fastest APS-C lens in Canon's history is also testament to their continuing the M line. Hopefully they will soon announce the EF-M 53 f/1.8 IS...

Upvote 0