Bride and Groom, silhouette, Chicago, Dress Flowing

This was one of those captures that, as a photographer, you can't take a lot of credit for. You just kind of step into something nice. I was shooting way underexposed to get some silhouette shots, and the wind picked up her dress and blew her hair. We were shooting in Chicago on the EL-train platform in the Loop. FYI, the CTA workers will kick you out after about 3 minutes - or as soon as they see you, so you have to be quick when shooting in these locations. See more of my Chicago wedding photography.

This was shot:
Canon EOS 6D
50mm f/1.4
f/4.0
1/125 sec
ISO-1250
View whole set: http://www.pabstphoto.com/chicago-courthouse-wedding-city-hall/

Attachments

• chicago wedding photo.jpg
    chicago wedding photo.jpg
    479.7 KB · Views: 383
My opinion? I don't care for the "almost" silhouette effect. To me it should be either a silhouette (no detail) or a properly exposed photograph with a bright background (fill flash).

But the important thing is whether the bride and the bride's mother like it. If they ain't happy, no one is happy LoL It is their opinion that matters. ;)

Upvote 0
Vivid Color said:
I like the overall composition and I love the light coming through the dress effect. On the other hand, that's the first place where my eyes go and not at the couple. I feel like my eyes should be going to the faces of the couple and then notice the cool lighting on her dress.
I agree completely.

Upvote 0