By Request: Comparison between Canon 40mm "Pancake" and Tamron 24-70mm VC

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome review thanks for doing that for me dustin!

from looking at it I have to agree with your take the tamron does seem to have noticably smoother bokeh
and it is clear the tamron would be sharper in the corners than a mk1 24-70 canon its here the 40mm blows the doors off the canon

also your pros /cons list forgot to give the IS win to the tamron :p

So now with some perspective of how it compares to a stellar lens like the shorty 40 its looking like a very good lens!

1 more question how are you going with the reverse direction zoom ring? is it wierd ?

Upvote 0
wickidwombat said:
awesome review thanks for doing that for me dustin!

from looking at it I have to agree with your take the tamron does seem to have noticably smoother bokeh
and it is clear the tamron would be sharper in the corners than a mk1 24-70 canon its here the 40mm blows the doors off the canon

also your pros /cons list forgot to give the IS win to the tamron :p

So now with some perspective of how it compares to a stellar lens like the shorty 40 its looking like a very good lens!

1 more question how are you going with the reverse direction zoom ring? is it wierd ?

The reverse zoom ring (which I'm not crazy about) is less of an issue on this lens because it is relatively short. I find it more of a bother on my 70-300L and also the Tamron 70-200 VC that I am in the process of reviewing, primarily because it means it is further away.

P.S. I've done a AFMA in better conditions on both of these lens and they are performing even better. The Tamron really does produce great images.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.