Camera calibration/checkover

I'd like to have my camera checked over and verified that everything is operating and functioning as it should
I have difficulty with a 4-6 week turnaround time frame.
Why is this the norm and acceptable ?
If my cell phone dies and is in for repair I'm not without it for 4 weeks
If my pc goes down it's not 4 weeks
Etc etc etc
I can't be without the camera at anytime within the year for 4-6 weeks
The 4-6 weeks is the quoted time from Canon Canada
Is there any independent camera repair in Ontario ?
Thanks
Ontario55

Mar 25, 2011
Where are you at? In the USA, it usually takes a 5-8 days for me, and that includes shipping both ways. Canon does the work in two days.

I'd guess you are in Canada, Canon Canada does seem to have issues, but I have no idea why. Canon USA just opened another facility, this makes 5 now, while Canada closed one of their facilities.

Write or e-mail a complaint to Canon North America. Its a start.

Upvote 0
Yes I'm in Ontario Canada
I contacted Vistek in Toronto Ontario Canada and if I schedule it, leave it for 2 hrs they will test it and make minor adjustments.
If it needs any major adjustments or repair it needs to go to an authorized Canon repair person
That could be 7-10 days
And I didn't get what the difference was between minor and major adjustments
Thanks
Ontario55

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Ontario55 said:
I contacted Vistek in Toronto Ontario Canada and if I schedule it, leave it for 2 hrs they will test it and make minor adjustments.
If it needs any major adjustments or repair it needs to go to an authorized Canon repair person
That could be 7-10 days
Thanks
Ontario55

I'd expect that a major adjustment would involve opening the camera where a minor adjustment could be made by banging it on a sturdy table or giving a sharp rap with a mallet :D
I do wonder what a 1-2 hour minor adjustment entails.

Upvote 0

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012
Ontario55 said:
That could be 7-10 days
Thanks
Ontario55

too many hand offs Vistek has to check it, decide if they send it out, ... get it back, check it again, .... all adds cost and delay. Best would be send it directly to Canon.

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2011
RGF said:
too many hand offs Vistek has to check it, decide if they send it out, ... get it back, check it again, .... all adds cost and delay. Best would be send it directly to Canon.
Except if you send it directly to Canon, your absolute best case scenario is you get it back in what, a week? Couple days each way for shipping plus the few hours they look at it. Going in store, best case, you drop it off and have it back 2hrs later. And if it needs something more major, you can decide if you want to send it off the Canon.

Seems an easy choice to me...unless the place is a really long drive away

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
RGF said:
Ontario55 said:
That could be 7-10 days
Thanks
Ontario55

Probably so. If your close enough, you could drop it off and pick it up in Mississsagua.

Upvote 0