Camera repair in OZ

Hello all, I'm on sabbatical in OZ for a few months. Just noticed that my 5Dc is front-focusing consistently with all of my lenses. They all focus fine with my 40D. Looks like my 5Dc needs some attention. Does anyone have advice on a place to have it serviced?

FYI, the 5Dc has NOT had the mirror reinforcement - does Canon AUS provide that reinforcement like they do in the US? If so, would they be a good option to sent it to? Would they service a camera originally purchased in the US? Seems like a good option - might get a complimentary AF adjustment if I send it in for mirror reinforcement.

Thanks!

SJP

pj1974

80D, M5, 7D, & lots of glass and accessories!
Oct 18, 2011
Adelaide, Australia
Shame to hear your Canon 5Dc is having some issues.

I've had my camera repaired (under warrantee) when the built-in flash on my 7D didn't 'pop back up' - after I had an external flash mounted on the hotshoe (this is a known, identified problem).

I took my 7D in to the store, they took down my details, a description of the problem - etc - and it took a couple of weeks (no communication in the meantime - till it was ready), but thankfully I had a backup Canon camera body. It works fine now.

Maybe you could contact Canon Australia directly while you're here and ask them: www.canon.com.au

Best wishes

Paul

Upvote 0

pwp

Oct 25, 2010
sjp010 said:
I'm in NSW. I'll try to give the Canon office in Sydney a call and see what they say. Thanks for the help!

SJP

You're lucky. The HQ of Canon CPS is right here in Sydney in North Ryde. They have a large workshop there which can handle just about anything. If you are a CPS member they may loan you a body while yours is being repaired.

Paul Wright

Upvote 0
N

niccyboy

Yep Canon in Sydney is where you want to head...

Unlike their offices in Melbourne, their camera repair centre is in Sydney.

If you head to Melbourne, i've get my canons serviced at Camera clinic in Easey st in Collingwood, they are great and have built custom solutions for us as well as taken apart all of our Nikon 600mF4's to replace the VR and reinforced the shutter on our D3x's. Highly recommended.

Upvote 0