CamRanger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received this yesterday for use as an aid in night-sky photography. I was able to connect to my 5D3 camera, remote focus, zoom and live view within a few minutes of receipt. Connection is made to the CamRanger via an ad-hoc network, the iPad app is trivial to use and LiveView performance is quite good - I would estimate about a 100-200 mS lag, which does not substantially impede manual focusing.

I ordered the extra battery, but I wouldn't recommend doing so to others. Removal of the plastic battery compartment door is clumsy and I suspect that repeated removals will break the retaining tangs in short order.

Overall, I am content with the purchase.

Upvote 0
I'm using one with an EOS 1D X . So far so good. most of my use has been indoors but amongst my tests was a shoot in an industrial building with lots of computer networks with the camera about 50~60 yard distance from the iPhone 4 used as controller. that test wasa success. Live view transmission is slightly delayed but that may be a function of using an older iPhone instead of an iPhone 4s or more recent model.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.