Monte

EOS R3
CR Pro
Jul 7, 2013
ALBERTA, CANADA
Jack Douglas said:
Monte, you lucky guy!!

Jack
Yea, it was last Sunday, I was just finishing breakfast and out of the corner of my eye I happened to follow one of the many birds hanging around my feeders and I followed it to the tree and just about spit out my cereal! The chickadee landed about 10" above the owl! The race was on, rip up stairs grab the camera and out the door at -26C to rattle of 157 shots.
That doesn't happen every day!

Upvote 0

Monte

EOS R3
CR Pro
Jul 7, 2013
ALBERTA, CANADA
I've got to start shooting raw files instead of just jpegs so that I can learn to edit them and save some shots that are close but not close enough with a jpeg file for tweaking. Here's a couple from when I was watching the Bears fishing last summer.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 171
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    636 KB · Views: 172
Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Monte, that's great. Keep at it and do shoot raw. If needed I can guide you through the DPP conversion process with suggestions on how to get the best possible result. Presently, I'm just dabbling in processing beyond using DPP so not much help there. I have recently purchased the ON1 Raw software but time is short.

PM me if you like.

Jack

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Monte.
Very nice, what a privilege to have such a magnificent bird grace you with its presence.
Do definitely shoot raw, you can use DPP to make "out of camera" style jpegs today and go back and re edit them next month or next year when you have had some practice with the software. I think most if not all raw processors are non destructive so the original files are not changed and can be processed a hundred different ways to get the best result if you feel so inclined.

Cheers, Graham.

Monte said:
Great Horned owl just 40' outside my kitchen window!

Upvote 0