Canon’s new instant cameras have leaked ahead of launch

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon’s upcoming instant cameras have leaked via a certification agency ahead of their official launch.
Canon ZV-123 Specifications

Product manual · appearance image
Photo resolution: 8 million pixels
Focal length: 25.4 mm
F value: F2.2
Minimum shooting distance: 30 cm
ISO sensitivity: Auto (ISO 100-1600)
Wireless: Bluetooth 4.0
Battery: Built-in (700 mAh, 7.4 V), USB charging (micro USB)
Media: micro SD card
Size: 121mm (W) x 80.3mm (H) x 21.5mm (D)
Weight: 188g
Printing Technology: ZINK
Printing resolution: 314 x 600 dpi
Aspect ratio: 2 ” x 2 ” or 2 ” x 3 ”

ZV123_4-168x168.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:

LDS

Sep 14, 2012
What about RAW? :unsure:

Aren't the ZINK prints raw enough for you? :giggle:

Anyway, IMHO, Canon design lacks any "cool" factor. These just look like a cheap P&S, while Fuji is trying to make funnier designs - anyway Fuji has both a Taylor Swift and Hello Kitty edition, so Canon is doomed.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
Aren't the ZINK prints raw enough for you? :giggle:

Anyway, IMHO, Canon design lacks any "cool" factor. These just look like a cheap P&S, while Fuji is trying to make funnier designs - anyway Fuji has both a Taylor Swift and Hello Kitty edition, so Canon is doomed.
They definitely have to make Garfield, Mickey and Donald editions :giggle:

Upvote 0
Jokes aside, the size of this thing is incredible. If the prints look similar to Instax prints, this'll be an instant buy for me.

FWIW, to my eye ZINK prints don't look like Instax prints at all.

Anyway, this looks like Canon's response to the Fuji SQ10/SQ20 hybrid cameras - basically a tiny-sensor digital camera in the same box with a printer. The stated capture resolution is higher than Fuji's, though still not clear whether the sensor is physically any larger. Stated printing resolution, however, is lower than Fuji's.

Has micro-SD card storage, so perhaps the files will be exportable as they are from the Fuji cameras. But the files from the Fuji are very crude. I have an SQ10, and the files don't stand up well at all to enlargement beyond the tiny size you get from the built-in printer.

I guess the Fuji hybrids have sold well enough for Canon to think there's a market for this.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Architect1776

Defining the poetics of space through Architecture
Aug 18, 2017
Williamsport, PA
Looks like they've glued a cellphone camera to a tiny printer!
I don't know why such thing exists!

There is more than the US market in the world. I am sure Canon has researched the global market and found it justifies a try at doing the camera.

Upvote 0