Canon 6D - RAW and stabilizer test

Hello everyone!

First post here but I have been lurking around for quite some time!

A couple of months ago I went to Japan (great country) and got myself a Canon 6D, and about a week ago I received a stabilizer I ordered from amazon.

So I decided to take it for a test run outside and this is the first few shots I took with it. It was not perfectly balanced (due to my inexperience with it) but I enjoyed using it a lot!
All this was also filmed using Magic Lanterns RAW module which is both lovely and painful to work with.

https://vimeo.com/102320086

Hope you enjoy it, and please leave a comment or critique if you do since I am pretty novice at both editing and grading :)

Marsu42

Canon Pride.
Feb 7, 2012
Berlin
der-tierfotograf.de
Walkramis said:
Hope you enjoy it, and please leave a comment or critique if you do since I am pretty novice at both editing and grading :)

Congrats on getting that working, shooting raw with the 6d is a pita not only because of the cropped picture, but because of the slow sd card interface. Unfortunately, this makes all 6d sample raw videos I saw look kind of similar - a succession of short clips with ambient music. Did you shoot .raw or .mlv?

As to the grading: I don't do video and don't like like over-grading, but probably fancying heavy post ops comes with playing around with the software. To /me as a simple viewer, this looks like the tint is off. It could be my monitor, but the greys look magenta - or is this a desired artistic effect?

Upvote 0