Status
Not open for further replies.

kdsand

Newt II a human stampede
Nov 1, 2011
north west indiana
Marsu42 said:
kdsand said:
As far as I can tell the fine tuning auto focus it's not about the bodies but about lenses.

You're correct - however, Canon seems to adjust their lenses better anyway. Every Canon lens I ever tried had no afma problems (in contrast to 3rd party manufacturers like Tamron). That's why I think leaving out the afma from the 60d was not just intended to make the 7d look better, but mostly to torpedo 3rd party sales - I'll probably buy a Tamron 24-70, but won't getting around looking for a sample that fits my camera body out of the box.

The lack of fine tunable auto focus is the only thing that is a disappointment for me with my 60D while the rest of the features make it a great performer otherwise. Down the line when I do upgrade tuning the A.F. is definitely on my must have list.

Regarding third party lenses - they seem to be playing much better lately. Well that's what I'm seeing based on more current reviews vs those just a couple of years back. I know there are several very nice third party glass options to be had. If you do spend the extra time making sure you get a good copy there is another benefit - the various glass seems to have definite unique color/tone or richness. I guess I would say variation can keep your eyes sharp. 8)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.