Canon Announces Two New PIXMA G-Series MegaTank Printers

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Press Release:
Providing Wireless1 Connectivity, Now is the Time to Upgrade Your Printer to a Continuous Ink Supply System
MELVILLE, NY, June 6, 2019 – In a time where it seems like digital is king, we cannot forget that 69% of Americans feel overwhelmed about the constant barrage of digital information2. It’s time to bring it back to basics and embrace the benefits of print. In that spirit, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, is excited to announce the new PIXMA G6020 All-In-One Printer and the PIXMA G5020 MegaTank Single-Function Printer. These new PIXMA G-series MegaTank printers are further extending the current lineup and are ideal for high-print volume printing with low maintenance.

The magic of PIXMA G-series MegaTank printers lies with the continuous ink supply system. Boasting ink bottles with spill-resistant tops, the printer system is designed to provide seamless and clean usability at home and in the office. With black ink providing up to 6,000...

Continue reading...

Jan 29, 2011
Now if they would come out with a MegaTank Imageprograf pro-1000 or 2000 I might switch back to Canon for printing.
Are you serious? The Pro-2000 takes 12 700ml tanks, that is over 2 gallons of ink, if you need more than that all power to you, but it sounds more like trolling to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Are you serious? The Pro-2000 takes 12 700ml tanks, that is over 2 gallons of ink, if you need more than that all power to you, but it sounds more like trolling to me.
You are correct on Pro-2000, it functions similar to Brother's INKvestment tanks. Just wishful thinking for the Pro-1000 when it decides to dump a full cart during the maintenance cycle. Then again they seem to be much better than early firmware of the Pro-1.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
You are correct on Pro-2000, it functions similar to Brother's INKvestment tanks. Just wishful thinking for the Pro-1000 when it decides to dump a full cart during the maintenance cycle. Then again they seem to be much better than early firmware of the Pro-1.
Of course I am, I own one and have a full set of 700ml cartridges for it, they cost me more than the printer!

These new printers are just Canon’s belated answer to the Epson EcoTank system, no interest to people who take their image printing seriously.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Linux compatibility aside, how well does this printer print images, and what is the longevity of those images? I mean, as a photo printer, is this a good option? I suspect that it is not at the top end with only 3 colors and black for ink, but maybe for the occasional print, it might be Ok.
The print resolution is a quarter of your iP6600 and with less than half the inks I think the older printer, that is much more photo-centric, would produce nicer prints.

But it depends on your output needs, the new printers are aimed at, for instance, a real estate agents office where they are printing several thousand pages a month with low resolution color images and regular B&W writing along with the ability to scan and fax if needed. They are not aimed at hobbiest photographers, there are much more appropriate printers aimed at them.

Upvote 0

LDS

Sep 14, 2012
Which Pro-100 model, certainly the MkII is network capable.

The MkI as well both wired and wireless. The S (MkII) model added some cloudy features but nothing more. Anyway unless one wants a direct wireless connection to the printer for some reason, regardless how the printer is connected to a network, when there is wifi access to the network wireless printing is possible anyway.

Upvote 0