Canon, Canon Canon….. Please help the video stars

I have no expectations from products I have no intentions to buy.

When I do buy a 5DmkIII replacement, I'd like it to have at least uncropped 720p 24fps. I would be surprised & disappointed if Canon's replacement would regress that much.

You have no expectation on product you have no intention of buying then why are you commenting in EOS RP post?

I'm not buying EOS RP and I still believe it should have the very basic video features that was on a 10 year old 5D II.

When I do buy a 5D IV replacement, I expect it to have competitive video features if they are going to charge more than the competitions.

720p 24p in 2019? Your standard is so low. It's amazing what some people are willing to put up for an expensive device.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Remember that camera uses a Micro 4/3 sensor, which is 2x crop, the 5D IV and the R have a 1.7x crop, and the 1DX II has 1.3 Crop, so make sure you make the right decision.

I"ve got to learn what the "crop" means....I've heard the term, but I don't quite understand the full concept of what that will do to the image in conjunction to my EF lenses.....

Upvote 0
You have no expectation on product you have no intention of buying then why are you commenting in EOS RP post?

Because the discussion has expanded to Canon's video strategy at large. And free speech.

I'm not buying EOS RP and I still believe it should have the very basic video features that was on a 10 year old 5D II.

And I need to explain myself to you?

When I do buy a 5D IV replacement, I expect it to have competitive video features if they are going to charge more than the competitions.

Everyone buys whatever fits their needs. Even you. Even me.

720p 24p in 2019? Your standard is so low. It's amazing what some people are willing to put up for an expensive device.

Why would my standards exceed my needs, which do no include video? Just to make bokehmon22 happy? Sheesh...

Upvote 0
Why is it 'amazing' if I don't use video?
Do you make camera-buying decisions based on features you don't use?

I don't use video either but I expect a certain standard especially something that was on a 10 years old camera 5DII. It's about getting the most bang for your buck. Who knows, I may use video options on my expensive camera if it produces better video than my GoPro7 or SmartPhone.

I also don't play games on smart phone, but I expect any recent SOC have decent gaming performance when I do decide to play when I have major down time.

There are alot of things I don't use, but others do, and it sort of become an industry standard since all the competitions has it.

I do make camera-buying decision I do need but Canon think $2300 camera shouldn't have it - dual card slot, IBIS, better eyeAF, newer sensor.
All the competitions have IBIS and better 4K options but Canon still do not offer it because users like you than enable them "I don't use it".

I don't care about the video. I care about Canon continue to gimp features just because.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0