Canon Celebrates 17th Consecutive Year as Number One Shareholder of Global Interchangeable-Lens Digital Camera Market

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
MELVILLE, NY, March 26, 2020 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., today announced that its parent company, Canon Inc. has maintained the number one share of the global market for interchangeable-lens digital cameras (digital SLR and mirrorless cameras) for 17 consecutive years1 from 2003 to 2019.
Canon develops the key imaging system components featured in its EOS series of interchangeable-lens cameras—CMOS image sensors, image processors and interchangeable lenses—under the core concept of, “Speed, Comfort, and High Image Quality.” Offering a wide-ranging product lineup—from high-performance flagship models that are highly trusted by professionals to entry-level models that allow users to enjoy high-image-quality shooting with easy operation—Canon continues to support the diverse needs of customers.

During the dawn of digital SLR cameras, Canon introduced its breakthrough EOS Digital Rebel (EOS Kiss Digital or EOS 300D in other regions) in September 2003. This groundbreaking camera, which was...

Continue reading...

The last Sony TV I bought (in the 90ies, Black Trinitron) broke down half a year after the warranty ran out...
I wish you more luck...
I have had good luck with them. I had a 36-inch "Picture Tube" style Trinitron which lasted 13 years. I affectionately referred to it as the ten-ton TV :) . I replaced it with my current one which is now 10 years old. Time for a new one soon, I think. I am not sure what I will get. I'll admit that I bought the string of Sony's because I didn't want to re-program the remotes :-(.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Architect1776

Defining the poetics of space through Architecture
Aug 18, 2017
Williamsport, PA

Now Canon step it up 2-3 levels and show absolute overpowering product strength and dominate sales. Make the R5 just a start to far far greater things. NO more cripple products ever again. Finally provide even the consumer entry level cameras with state of the art sensors. Delete features not image quality. That will really make sales. Do like was done with film. A Canon TLb would take as good a photo in quality as a F-1. You just did not have the finders, motor drive etc. but you had the same film (Today known as a sensor) and same lenses. Please Canon do not put out crappy sensors any more give all a quality sensor.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Lies. Sony is #1 in sales all over the world. Everyone is buying a Sony and ditching their Canon.
Hold on Poppel. I just ditched my Sony A7rIII for a Canon EOS R for two simple reasons. First-Canon as well as Nikon understand how to build a complete cameraI not just a box with a sensor in it. Secondly-my two favorite lenses that I used on my Sony we're both older Canon EF lenses. Got tired of not being able to have reliable autofocus with those lenses. Boy am I glad I did so much more enjoyable to use. We'll talk about the cameras but the bottom line is the lenses and for me Canons glass is my preference.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Architect1776

Defining the poetics of space through Architecture
Aug 18, 2017
Williamsport, PA
Lies. Sony is #1 in sales all over the world. Everyone is buying a Sony and ditching their Canon.

Now they are regretting it terribly with the R5 showing what Canon has up it's sleeve.
I mentioned previously that canon is not first. Look at the EOS EF system. Nikon fanboys made fun of it then Canon cut loose with the Pro level cameras and Nikon went into the tank and has never recovered.
This R5 makes the a9II look stone age, can you imagine the R1 and how it will be by comparison.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
The last Sony TV I bought (in the 90ies, Black Trinitron) broke down half a year after the warranty ran out...
I wish you more luck...
My Sony TV in the living room is a 46" model bought in 2009. It works as well as ever. The Sony Blu-Ray player works well most of the time, but has peculiar glitches occasionally with commercial DVDs, probably some sort of software mismatch. But it works a lot better than the Samsung it replaced.

Upvote 0