Canon Cinema EOS announcements today at 1PM EDT, and you can watch live

Nov 2, 2016
Your own posts explain why they didn't – building anticipation.

Look at all the people on this forum who are wetting their pants with excitement over any hint of new information. Why would Canon waste the opportunity to build even more interest over the coming month or so? By the time this thing gets announced, they will have enough pre-sales on Day One to outlast supply well into 2021. And, don't forget, the early adopters premium is pure profit for Canon and its retail partners. Given what a disastrous year this has been, they need to squeeze every bit of profit out of the market that they can and it's the affluent enthusiasts that the R5 appeals to who still have disposable income to spend.
I’m not so sure that’s right. Anticipation for something we know only a small amount of isn’t the same thing as anticipating the release of something that really has us slavering. The only reason I can think of as to why Canon is waiting, and I hope I’m wrong, is that the rest of the specs will be on the low side of what we’re hoping for, and they don’t want that fact being criticized for even longer.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I’m not so sure that’s right. Anticipation for something we know only a small amount of isn’t the same thing as anticipating the release of something that really has us slavering. The only reason I can think of as to why Canon is waiting, and I hope I’m wrong, is that the rest of the specs will be on the low side of what we’re hoping for, and they don’t want that fact being criticized for even longer.
I guess we just have to disagree. I see a lot of slavering on this website.

Upvote 0