Canon CN-E 20mm t/1.5 Coming to NAB 2018

CanonGrunt

C70
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2012
Yay! looks like 2 of my 100 beyond hopeful wish list predictions are coming true! I hope they come out with the 100mm cine prime as well. We love that focal length. I think I use the 20mm & 100 mm Zeiss CP.2 on every shoot, but I prefer the coatings on the Canon cine primes overall. They just look majestic. If they add a 100mm in the near future, that will really round out the canon cine prime kit.

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
chrysoberyl said:
ahsanford said:
Oh boy, 20 prime stills folks will be coming out of the woodwork today.

- A

Only the wealthy ones...

No no, I meant they'd come out of the woodwork asking for a decent (non-cine) stills lens. Astro folks (and UWA shooters who still want front-filterability without an outrigger/holder setup) would give vital parts of their anatomy for such a lens.

20mm primes and to a lesser degree fast 28mm lenses have not been a priority for Canon for a long time. Both were last made by Canon in the 90s, if memory serves.

- A

Upvote 0
ahsanford said:
No no, I meant they'd come out of the woodwork asking for a decent (non-cine) stills lens. Astro folks (and UWA shooters who still want front-filterability without an outrigger/holder setup) would give vital parts of their anatomy for such a lens.

20mm primes and to a lesser degree fast 28mm lenses have not been a priority for Canon for a long time. Both were last made by Canon in the 90s, if memory serves.

- A

Ha - you're right! They are coming out of the woodwork! [off-topic alert] But I'll get a 50mm first. A pro is in our office filming with a 50mm 1.2 wide open, and I checked it out - what lovely bokeh!

Upvote 0