Canon CN-E 70-200mm t/4.4 to be Announced at NAB

Re: Canon CN-E 70-200mm t/2.8 to be Announced at NAB

> Canon CN-E 70-200mm t/2.8 to be announced at NAB

Actually, it's an f/4 - T/4.4 lens and its name is Canon CN-E 70-200 mm T/4,4 L IS KAS S.

Source: Nokishita Camera

index.php

index.php

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Re: Canon CN-E 70-200mm to be Announced at NAB

rrcphoto said:
jeffa4444 said:
rrcphoto said:
transpo1 said:
A 5DC with sharp FF or 1.3x crop 4K video, C-Log, a decent codec and video-focused tools would be something- it would be even better if it did not have a mirror and had an electronic VF.
Umm sure, but then it's not a 5D then is it?

transpo1 said:
hybrid shooters don't want huge, heavy cameras- they want an EDC carry. That's why the FF Sonys are doing so well.

if hybrid shooters don't want large heavy cameras, then they already have the GH4/5. they wouldn't be looking at a canon EF mount camera.

and are sony doing well? how do you know that? how are they doing against canon's full frame cameras? we just have a two month snippet where sony said they did well. how long have the A7's been selling for?

canon will go 8k before 6k, and maybe even before 4K, that has to be running by 2020.
Depends on where you aim the camera. 8K oversampled for 4K still requires a huge amount of data handling even Hollywood studios bulk at the data management currently and 6K is more commonly used.
8K on a FF sensor, 6K on Super 35 are more likely where Canon will be headed in the near future.

canon must do 8k by 2020. at least on the cini line if not one halo dslr product.

not even for hollywood, but for the Japan Olympics.

even panasonic and olympus are stating that's their goal as well. even though 8k on a m43's sensor? ugh?

we know they already have a sensor in the CINI line that can do 8k for the last 18 months or so.

NHK has been working with video camera companies for years on 8K. They are skipping 4K and planning on going straight to 8K as soon as its ready.

The issue, of course, is handling and processing the huge amounts of data. For a video camera, heat is a issue that will likely be tackled by active cooling. Canon seems very serious about 8K, and Sony, of course is. Panasonic is a giant company, and can put resources into a project like that as well. They need something new to boost their TV sales.

Upvote 0
Jan 12, 2011

bsbeamer said:
rrcphoto said:
the article stated it was T2.8

so yeah. not going to be cheap .. my guess around $7,000

there's a leaked image circulating that certainly looks like it will be a T4.4 with three-mode stabilizer (IS)

If that's the case, I'm not so interested (4.4 doesn't do it for me) but it I'm sure it will be useful for some TV / doc shooters.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013

so after seeing the A9 release... the more I'm thinking that a big firmware release is coming out for canon.

that's a REALLY nice camera body. I'm sure once you get past the paper specs there will be alot of caveats, but it does look like they tossed down the gaunlet.

it also looks like they used control features similar to Nikon - showing who they are aiming at.

will canon put out a 1DX and a 5D super patch for video,etc just to take the sting and the talk away from Sony? maybe.

the A9 certainly raises the bar - very fast.

Upvote 0

transpo1 said:
bsbeamer said:
rrcphoto said:
the article stated it was T2.8

so yeah. not going to be cheap .. my guess around $7,000

there's a leaked image circulating that certainly looks like it will be a T4.4 with three-mode stabilizer (IS)

If that's the case, I'm not so interested (4.4 doesn't do it for me) but it I'm sure it will be useful for some TV / doc shooters.

I'm about the same, need that F2.8 range. Ideally I'd shoot with fast primes all the time, but quick movement and changing setups with limited time do not allow that for all types of video work.

Upvote 0

RunAndGun

CR Pro
Dec 16, 2011

Looks like illustrations to me, not actual pictures. Fairly trivial to change 18-80 to 70-200 in Photoshop. The known patent that Canon filed in 2015 was for T2.8, not T4.4. If this would turn out to be like the 18-80 T4.4, I would have zero interest in it. A fully manual cine 70-200 T2.8 and I'll probably be in line as soon as they open it.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011

RunAndGun said:
Looks like illustrations to me, not actual pictures. Fairly trivial to change 18-80 to 70-200 in Photoshop. The known patent that Canon filed in 2015 was for T2.8, not T4.4. If this would turn out to be like the 18-80 T4.4, I would have zero interest in it. A fully manual cine 70-200 T2.8 and I'll probably be in line as soon as they open it.

Not according to image analysis programs. The darker it is the less likely it has been manipulated, it looks like simple sharpening etc, composites show massive color shifts.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 2.46.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 2.46.48 PM.png
    522.1 KB · Views: 265
Upvote 0

RunAndGun

CR Pro
Dec 16, 2011

privatebydesign said:
RunAndGun said:

Not according to image analysis programs. The darker it is the less likely it has been manipulated, it looks like simple sharpening etc, composites show massive color shifts.

If true, it's one of those 'Good News, Bad News' things.

Bad News: I've been wanting a cine 70-200 T2.8 from Canon and it may be a "hybrid" T4.4, instead.
Good News: Looks like I want have to be spending a bunch of money and sitting on a waiting list.

Upvote 0