Canon CPS Germany/Europe is changing their membership qualification system

LDS

Sep 14, 2012
But I would like to see the full list for my country in advance so I can see whether it might be worth for me to register or not. Ideally as .pdf for download. I dont want to register and give Canon all my data for free and do all the work to fill in everything only to find out that my total is 99 points ... :)

"We have over 3,000 Canon products eligible for registration - including most of our cameras, lenses, printers, and even accessories. Remember to add both old and new equipment, and even Canon products bought outside of your home country could give you points."

It would be a long list...

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Upvote 0
Apr 23, 2018
"We have over 3,000 Canon products eligible for registration - including most of our cameras, lenses, printers, and even accessories. Remember to add both old and new equipment, and even Canon products bought outside of your home country could give you points."

It would be a long list...

i can handle picking a few entries from a "long list" - no problem. and can likely also perform the "complex math" to add up points for my gear myself.

thats why i'd like a downloadable .pdf or even better - a .csv file. all products, all countries.

until i know my points beforehand i will not provide my data to Canon for free. they are getting a lot of valuable information from their customers. gear identified down to serial, full sales channel and sales price data, plus a nice data set on each registered user. they could likely not buy that data set any other way. and cps "for free" is probably caused by low take-up rates for the previous, paid model. so i dont really feel canon is doing me a huge favour.

in short: cards on the table Canon, then i might play. :)

Upvote 0
Stumbled over the new CPS point system, and seems that I now qualify for a decent level, with only one body, and a decent collection of L lenses. :)

Canon Norway also state this about CPS : (translated from Norwegian)
"Canon Professional Services (CPS) is a dedicated service for professional and advanced hobby photographers and filmmakers who use Canon products. "

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
A few days ago I received an e-mail from Canon CPS Germany, that they are changing their membership qualification system to a system of points.
I suppose this is regarding to CPS Europe, too.

Until now you needed at least two semi/professional bodies and at least three L lenses to sign up.
Right now they have changed this to a system of points where even consumer bodies, EF-S lenses and speedlites get points.
For example: a 5D3 is worth 235 points and a EF 40 STM 15 points.

Depending on your overall number of points you can achieve different levels of membership with different advantages.
Here are some of these advantages in Germany (other countries might have a different system)

• red (starting from 0 points)
    • priority support helpdesk (only)
  • silver (500 points)
    • priority support helpdesk
    • 5 days repair
    • discount on maintenance services
  • gold (1000 points)
    • 3 days repair
    • free loan unit if repair takes longer
    • 1 free sensor cleaning per year and body
  • platin (1600 points)
    • 2 days repair
    • free loan unit if repair takes longer
    • 1 free sensor cleaning per year and body
And the best of it: this service stays free of charge.

For further details please refer to your local CPS homepage.
For Germany this is http://www.canon.de/canon_cps/

Correction: The new link is https://www.canon.de/pro/canon-professional-services/
Free? Gold costs $100 per year in theUSA.

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
$ 100 per year IS cheap.
Leica in Germany charges about $ 100 PER REPAIR if you want your gear back within a week!
You misunderstand; the $100 per year is to qualify as a gold member. We still have to pay for repairs, but as gold members we get a discount. This discount was significantly reduced about 3 years ago.

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
You misunderstand; the $100 per year is to qualify as a gold member. We still have to pay for repairs, but as gold members we get a discount. This discount was significantly reduced about 3 years ago.
I understood what you were saying!
What I meant, is that Leica customers have to pay for express repair:-
-The cost of repair (Extremely high!)
-PLUS $ 100 for a one week repair each and every time you need it(otherwise, get ready to wait at least 1-2 month!!!)
While, in the US, gold membership means quick repairs, and costs $ 100 PER YEAR, no matter how many items you send them. Obviously, this doesn't include the cost for the repair itself.

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
I understood what you were saying!
What I meant, is that Leica customers have to pay for express repair:-
-The cost of repair (Extremely high!)
-PLUS $ 100 for a one week repair each and every time you need it(otherwise, get ready to wait at least 1-2 month!!!)
While, in the US, gold membership means quick repairs, and costs $ 100 PER YEAR, no matter how many items you send them. Obviously, this doesn't include the cost for the repair itself.
Now I understand. I have the flu and associated sleep deprivation so I was slower than usual. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Upvote 0