Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM

siegsAR

EOS RP
Mar 5, 2013
Auckland
The color rendition from this lens is just so good to look at. :)

How good is this lens at portraits? Moarrrr please, ;D like angox's.

J.R.

EOR R
Jan 13, 2013
This is a nice lens. While I use it for macro only, I occasionally used it for people photography - and then I got the 135 f/2. Since then, this has come out of the bag only for macro shots.

This was clicked with the 100mm f/2.8 macro earlier this year - my friend's new born.

Attachments

verysimplejason

EOS 6D MK II
Aug 6, 2012
www.flickr.com
siegsAR said:
The color rendition from this lens is just so good to look at. :)

How good is this lens at portraits? Moarrrr please, ;D like angox's.
Portraits? You'll never go wrong with this lens. It's just a little bit hard in my case because it's a little bit long for an APS-C when used for portraits and the AF is slow relatively if compared to 50mm F1.8 II (for portraits). Taken with 500D + 100mm F2.8 lens, open wide.

thismercifulfate

I'm New Here
Jun 15, 2013
I have a love affair with this lens. It's the first lens I got after having my body and 18-55mm kit lens for a while, and even when I have access to other lenses, this is still the lens I use 90% of the time, even though I only shoot on crop bodies (XSi and 40D)

jblake

EOS M50
Apr 20, 2013
As a owner of the 100mm L IS version of this lens, I thought I would take a look at some images made with the non-L 100mm macro. Well the excitement died quickly when I saw how many people, who use the L version, have hijacked this thread.

I did notice there is a tread for the L version. Are some of you posters just rude or illiterate? It does clearly state; Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM in the header of this thread. Pay attention because you have made this thread all but pointless since there is such a mix of images from both versions of this lens.

Way to go hijackers!

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
verysimplejason said:
Some old, some new... The best pics I like the most among my macros... It's simply the best lens and most loved lens that I have.
AWESOME